Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To all:

We had an absolutely terrifying and horrific last day of 2013, and until this morning all feared we might lose our irreplaceable Borealis, as some of you already had learned.

We are relieved, mightily, to be able now to say that he appears to be out of danger and on the mend. Both a run to Quartzsite and hosting you are, however, out of the question.

We hope to be able to offer/sponsor/persuade you to a Wickenburg-Prescott run in the near future. Running both the Yarnell Ramp and the Rte 89 Snake through the high country of the Prescott Nat'l Forest is a great way to give a Model S its legs!

To all:

We had an absolutely terrifying and horrific last day of 2013, and until this morning all feared we might lose our irreplaceable Borealis, as some of you already had learned.

We are relieved, mightily, to be able now to say that he appears to be out of danger and on the mend. Both a run to Quartzsite and hosting you are, however, out of the question.

I'm sure we're all sorry that you won't make it to Quartzsite tomorrow, but happy to hear that Borealis is okay.

Audie & Jenny: Very pleased to hear that Borealis is doing better and fully understand the need to stay close to home.

The idea of a Wickenburg-Yarnell-Prescott trek sounds great, but we will need to crunch the electrons to find a way to make this work without having to do a sleep-over & charge at the Audubon home. I calculate 214 miles for the circuit with a lot of ups and downs. There aren't any public chargers in Prescott that I know of and only a couple of MS's that are local to Prescott so charging may be an issue. We definitely can't invite Rogoff on this one - he can't drive slower than 80mph.

Hope Borealis recovers fully!

The Wickenburg supercharger will be a welcome addition at some point this year... Perhaps we should do the Prescott run after that goes in?

FWIW, we did a day trip from North Scottsdale to Congress (halfway between Wickenburg and Yarnell) back in July to watch the Yarnell 19 procession. That trip was 143 miles round trip and I used within 3 miles of rated (even though temps were 110+ and the car sat in the sun for a few hours in Congress.

A group of Model S's from the Arizona Tesla Motors Club took a day trip to Arizona's first active Supercharger in Quartzsite. Thanks to Larry & Lisa Rogoff for suggesting the trip and thanks to all who joined us. A special welcome to Dave McKinstry and his wife from Washington state who also made the trip from their winter home in Palm Desert.

My son, Kurt, took this brief video and I edited it. The videography is great, but the editing is just so so . . . not spectacular, but short. Az Tesla Trip To Quartzsite on Vimeo

A group of Model S's from the Arizona Tesla Motors Club took a day trip to Arizona's first active Supercharger in Quartzsite. Thanks to Larry & Lisa Rogoff for suggesting the trip and thanks to all who joined us. A special welcome to Dave McKinstry and his wife from Washington state who also made the trip from their winter home in Palm Desert.

My son, Kurt, took this brief video and I edited it. The videography is great, but the editing is just so so . . . not spectacular, but short. Az Tesla Trip To Quartzsite on Vimeo

Nice Quad-copter work! Was that a Phantom 2? Looks like it from the tilt changes in flight. It also looks like the winds were pretty calm that day; is that correct?

Glad everyone had a good time!

I wish I could have made it! Next time. Great video work! Does anyone know how I could use one of those "drones" to take aerial photos of my real estate listings?

I've seen real estate shows from L.A. where agents have used them to take unique aerial video of assorted listings. Maybe google "real estate drone video" and see if anything pops up? Then you could contact the relevant agent(s) for details (drone type, camera, etc.).

Thanks to you and Kurt for the great video.

My wife and I really enjoyed meeting you and the others that hadn't already left.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck and be sure to take and post some pictures, especially of charge rates. Any 60s going? Interesting to see ig everyone is acted for supercharging.

Sorry I didn't take any screen shots. I didn't spend much time in the car while it was charging, but I did briefly note 111 kW at one point. I max range charged to 296 ideal miles (261 rated miles).

Thanks for posting the video Mark and thanks to Kurt for flying the Phantom around... created a very nice perspective and was fun to watch!