Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A problem with the GLB (Green Light Bong)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
Actually it's a pretty good feature and means at the red light you can check your phone, take a nap, eat a bowl of cereal etc and the GLB will make sure you're not that person ... you know the one with his head up his a$$ who holds everyone up, then takes ages to put it in gear and finally slides through just at the light is turning red. I think we've all met that person!

But the other day I was in pole position at a left filter and I got the GLB. The only problem was that the light had turned green for the straight through people and my lane still had the red arrow

Fortunately I was neither on my phone or napping and had already had breakfast, so I didn't immediately take off and plough into the oncoming traffic. It made me think though and tbh I think the software should be able to discern what lane you're in and realise that the green might not be your green

You need to know that it also bongs if you aren't the car in pole position. So one should never respond first, then look when using the GLB.

As well, it will bong if the car in front of you pulls out and you remain. Again, look before responding. The person in front of you may be running the light (either intentionally or unintentionally.)