Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Different Approach to Valet Instructions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soflauthor-

Excellent website; I love the layout and color scheme. You present a very nice way of easily bringing up instructions for someone who has never used the car.

How does it look on the Model S 17 inch screen? Does it fit as one page in the screen without scrolling?

Here is where I think having flash or HTML 5 video capacity would be nice. I think it would be nice to have a video demo that you could pop up that is narrated (obviously we need to hire cinergi to do this!) or have an illustrated manner of relaying instructions (similar to Tesla's What to Expect but with a more graphical approach) since as a previous poster suggested there might be possible language barriers, comprehension barriers or frankly inability to read in some cases.

+1 Bonnie...the guy might be a lousy driver (or have terminal B.O.) :eek::biggrin:

Or ... just don't let the valet drive the car. I've found that most valets want nice cars out front, are happy to let you park in a valet spot IF you leave your key behind. I've always refused to let them get behind the wheel and I've always been allowed to park in the valet area. Just smile a lot and say 'no way'.

Nice website. And I like the idea of easy to bring up instructions. But I still wouldn't let a valet take the car.

Several months ago I had a conversation with a few Tesla techs about adding a Valet and Carwash button to the screen. This is almost the exact text I told them for the Valet button. There also needs to be a Carwash button that brings up a similar screen and gives them a button to press to put the car in neutral and allow the car to stay on when the guy hops out and the car gets pushed thru the carwash tunnel.

Something wrong with 4b. Should be get out OF the car and it turns off automatically. or something ?

Thx, fixed.

-----

Also, a 'google translate' Spanish version is up. Just click on "Instrucciones de Valet" below the title and a new Spanish language page appears. My Espanol is terrible, so I can't edit it myself.

I'll have my Columbian friend do that as soon as she returns from a trip. This should serve in the interim.

Is there a need for instructions to raise the air suspension? Carparks can be notorious for sharp dips at the bottom and curves at the top of driveways.

I valeted (is that a word?) my car for the first time over the weekend, and there was a lot of arm waving.

IMHO valeted is not a word. Valet is a noun not a verb therefore you cannot valet the car, have valeted the car or be in the process of valeting the car.
"I valeted my car for the first time over the weekend" = I used a valet for the first time over the weekend
"......valeting my LEAF" = ...... using a valet with my leaf or ....using a valet to park my leaf

Thx, fixed.

-----

Also, a 'google translate' Spanish version is up. Just click on "Instrucciones de Valet" below the title and a new Spanish language page appears. My Espanol is terrible, so I can't edit it myself.

I'll have my Columbian friend do that as soon as she returns from a trip. This should serve in the interim.

you should also have a link back to English on the Spanish page- you might get two different valets coming and going....

you should also have a link back to English on the Spanish page- you might get two different valets coming and going....

Good point. A back link has been added.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a need for instructions to raise the air suspension? Carparks can be notorious for sharp dips at the bottom and curves at the top of driveways.

IMHO valeted is not a word. Valet is a noun not a verb therefore you cannot valet the car, have valeted the car or be in the process of valeting the car.
"I valeted my car for the first time over the weekend" = I used a valet for the first time over the weekend
"......valeting my LEAF" = ...... using a valet with my leaf or ....using a valet to park my leaf

Although the use of the air suspension is a possibility, I really don't think these simple instructions require that level of detail.

I agree with your analysis of "valeted." However, the verb form is used rather frequently here in the USA.

Time to update the Valet instructions with the 4.0 auto extending door handles information.

+1 Soflauthor, before I bookmark these helpful instructions, could you update the first step for getting into the car to indicate that the door handles will usually pop out when you approach the car if you have the fob without the need to push any buttons on the fob, but the door handles could be pressed if they do not automatically pop out?

Thanks Soflauthor for this great idea and execution!
Fixes - The first sentence is utterly confusing to a spanish speaker...try this:
"Usted necesitará el control remoto con forma de coche. NO lo deje en el coche cuando lo estacione. NO lo presione, sólo téngalo con usted."

has anyone verified if the car browser supports HTML5 Geo location APIs? (Test it with this link: http://html5demos.com/geo Interesting things like travel/speed/bounds logging/display could be added to the page to provide that warmfuzzy feeling that "you're being watched".

Thanks Soflauthor for this great idea and execution!
Fixes - The first sentence is utterly confusing to a spanish speaker...try this:
"Usted necesitará el control remoto con forma de coche. NO lo deje en el coche cuando lo estacione. NO lo presione, sólo téngalo con usted."

has anyone verified if the car browser supports HTML5 Geo location APIs? (Test it with this link: http://html5demos.com/geo Interesting things like travel/speed/bounds logging/display could be added to the page to provide that warmfuzzy feeling that "you're being watched".

It's been reported that the API is not supported.