Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t believe it, finally got the vin. I am not excited in anyway after all the delays and the above posts about panel gaps and other QA issues. It’s a $65k car and they can’t meet the basic standards. And they are the most valuable car company in the world, my a**.
Ordered a Rav4 Hybrid XSE 2 weeks ago and that’s coming this week as well. My 2010 Mazda 3 can rest soon.
If not for my wife’s persistence, I would have let this one go long time ago and would have been very happy with a Rav4 Prime. *End of rant*

Od: 10/29/2021, white exterior, black interior, no tow, no fsd. Location: GA. Vin: 7SAYGAEE8NF51****

Edd Aug 24 - 27. Figuring out financing as I chose cash. I may still pay cash if the rates from credit unions are more than 3%.

Last edited:
Can’t believe it, finally got the vin. I am not excited in anyway after all the delays and the above posts about panel gaps and other QA issues. It’s a $65k car and they can’t meet the basic standards. And they are the most valuable car company in the world, my a**.
Ordered a Rav4 Hybrid XSE 2 weeks ago and that’s coming this week as well. My 2010 Mazda 3 can rest soon.
If not for my wife’s persistence, I would have let this one go long time ago and would have been very happy with a Rav4 Prime. *End of rant*

Od: 10/29/2021, white exterior, black interior, no tow, no fsd. Location: GA. Vin: 7SAYGAEE8NF51****

Edd Aug 24 - 27. Figuring out financing as I chose cash. I may still pay cash if the rates from credit unions are more than 3%.
Just got approved by Carolina Cooperative fcu for a 2.25% rate up to 84 months. Worth looking into. Easy to work with but they are old school so you will have to mail paperwork in. You will have to join the NC Consumer counsil in order to open an account with them. Hope that helps.

Reactions: tesjoker
Just wanted to share my journey so far:
OD: 7/20/2021 original configuration MYLR 5 seater white/black, 19inch, no FSD, no tow.
Like many people, I tried putting mine on hold in mid Sept but had it released in late Oct as the EDD was showing late April 2022 at the time.
I then had a career move, which involved moving the family from one state to another, beginning of 2022 so I didn’t pay much attention but I remember that the EDD kept pushing back.
After I kinda settled in the new job and new state, EDD got moved to Oct to Dec 2022 (sorry can’t remember exact dates) prior to the configuration change (to 7 seater, white/white, no FSD, no tow) in late June this year.
EDD shortly after change: 9/10~10/21
EDD shortened to 9/16~10/21 last week
Just added FSD today, will report back if it changes my EDD. Not sure I am going to keep it though.
Adding FSD (on 8/3) probably worked. I just got my first 2 week window, EDD (8/9) now is 8/16~8/30. I will let you guys know if it sticks.

Last edited:
Strange how they've been so inaccurate up to this point and now they adjust my 2week window by pulling it in 4days???
From Aug 23 - Sept 06 to Aug 19 - Sept 02
I also got a text that said
"Hi, you can trade in your current vehicle and apply the value to your upcoming Model Y purchase. To get a non-obligatory trade-in offer, reply here with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact Mileage. Learn more: ts.la/tradeinfo"
end quote

First time I have received any communication from Tesla. Must mean I'm getting a little closer. If I'm lucky I might get it by January 2023 hopefully.