Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#6 Signature Roadster for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So serious question as a non-cali person, how hard is it to take those HoV stickers off? Are they just super sticky bumper stickers that will ruin the paint when removed?

20 minutes work. They are the same stickers as the yellow stickers that hybrids used to have. When they expired (end of 2012, I think), the San Jose Mercury News had a big sticker peeling party and we all pulled them off. A few detailers came to show us how. Hair dryer helped to get them to peel off and some orange oil cleaner or other adhesive remover got the goo off. 30 seconds of spot waxing and all was good as new.

VP # 1
Founders' Series #'s 9, 10, ?14?, 17, 19, 21, ?23?, 25, 26
Signature Series #'s 6, 18, 40, ?42?, 43, 46, 50, ?51?, 52, 55, 57, 66, 74, 77, 78, 87, 95

Ones with ?? not totally sure...
( The Signature Green is so dark that in some shaded/evening pictures it is hard to tell if the car might be black instead...)

Founders #14 is Signature Green :smile:

The current eBay listing still has the details wrong:
Tesla Roadster | eBay
They call it "Racing Green" (Lotus name) not "Signature Green" (Tesla name) and call the car a 2006 (not a 2008).

TEG: Any idea of true value range of this car? ( I know...basically what someone will pay for it ) But....you have more knowledge than most about the Roadsters and what price premium a Sig 6 might command.

TEG: Any idea of true value range of this car? ( I know...basically what someone will pay for it ) But....you have more knowledge than most about the Roadsters and what price premium a Sig 6 might command.
TEG is more expert than I, but I think you have answered your question: the "value" is "what someone will pay for it". Speaking only for myself; I would not pay an extra dollar for a Signature Roadster compared to all the 1.5 cars that came after the Signatures. But some people might pay more. Clearly sellers of Signature Roadsters try to maximize the selling price by hyping the car as if it was worth more.

Generally speaking, I think year of model is the biggest indicator of price...
2008=~$60K
2010=~$70K
2011=~$80K
(That is just really rough range, and options and condition do matter.)

But, from what I have seen, the really early cars are not fetching premiums as special collectors calls.
With all that said, it is all about what the right buyer is willing to pay. Maybe there is someone out there willing to pay a premium for one of the very early cars.

To get close to $100K, I would think it would need to be a low mileage 2011 Sport with all options including carbon fiber accents.

Generally speaking, I think year of model is the biggest indicator of price...
2008=~$60K
2010=~$70K
2011=~$80K
(That is just really rough range, and options and condition do matter.)

This is mostly right but it's not sorted by year of model. It's sorted by version number which is the biggest factor influencing price (all else being equal). I think this only mattered in 2010 when half way through the year they switched to v.2.5 but the model year was still 2010 for the 2.5s that were made in 2010.

Last edited:
TEG, do you have a place where I can signup to get an email or text notification when you start seeing roadsters in the $40k range that are in good working order, decent condition, and less than 50k miles? ;) I figure you're tracking it anyway. You could charge a small subscription fee....

TEG, do you have a place where I can signup to get an email or text notification when you start seeing roadsters in the $40k range that are in good working order, decent condition, and less than 50k miles? ;) I figure you're tracking it anyway. You could charge a small subscription fee....

You will be on that list behind me...

This is mostly right but it's not sorted by year of model. It's sorted by version number which is the biggest factor influencing price (all else being equal). I think this only mattered in 2010 when half way through the year they switched to v.2.5 but the model year was still 2010 for the 2.5s that were made in 2010.

~$60K VIN 1-500 ("1.5" 2008)
~$70K VIN 501-~964 ("2.0" 2010)
~$80K VIN ~965-1459 ("2.5" 2010/2011)
~$90K VIN 1460-1464 ("Final 5" 2011)

Don't hold me to any of this. These are very rough rounded estimates, and prices do change, and the conditions + color/options combinations cause a big difference in ranges.

Also, the high 900 VINs started to get some 2.5 pieces but not all at once. So you have some Roadsters that are part 2.0 and part 2.5... In some cases they would add 2.5 bits to a 2.0 and call it a 2.25...

Last edited:
Racing Green:
green-racing.png

Lightning Green:
green-light.png

Signature Green:
green-sig.png

Ebay #6 for sale

saw this signature roadster for sale, says vin#6. He has a letter from Tesla in the ad implying, or at least to me it did, that the car is eligible for a battery upgrade 3.0. I sent him a nice FYI that the 1.0, 1.5 Roadster was not eligible for the upgrade, but he has relisted the item for sale again with the enclosed 'letter from Tesla'. It seems sad to me someone wants to sell their roadster so bad that they resort to misrepresenting the car when they want to sell....
Rdstr #521