Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

40 kWh Delivery Timing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my 40 yesterday from Rockville! Mostly I'm driving like a nervous grandma, but I did accidentally go from 20 to something way above the speed limit in a few seconds on an on-ramp.
4 families have already stopped by to ask questions. I've downloaded the Tesla app and Recargo. What next?
I was likely the last or one of the very last people to finalize on 4/1. Does everyone have theirs? Do we know what the final tally is: Is it closer to the 200 rather than the 800 we first heard?
photo.JPG

Jenni, beautiful car! My car was completed on 5/20 but I haven't received it yet. I'm in Hawaii so there's a 3-week delivery time. Am not a happy camper right now though as I just found out my car has been sitting at the Oakland port and they're not sure why. So I'm a couple more weeks out from delivery. The delivery process with them has been frustrating for a bunch of Hawaii buyers...wish Tesla would get their act together...venting done but i may end up being the last 40 delivered!

Yesterday was a big day for "Eagle". I drove almost 100 miles, the first 50 of which were spirited. When I realized how much more driving I would have to do that day, I dialed it back to normal. Still used about 30 minutes of pre-cooling the car, and made it home with 25 rated miles remaining. I probably only drive that many miles in a day two times a year. It was quite pleasurable. Anyways, I also managed to get my car detailed and take a few mugshots.
IMG_3251.jpg
IMG_3252.jpg
IMG_3257.jpg
IMG_3263.jpg
IMG_3265.jpg

Last edited:
I have my 40 arriving later this week to Atlanta. Last 5 digits of VIN are 12158. I confirmed my order on 4/1 and there was a few weeks I was out of the country and Tesla was trying to reach me to confirm some details... so I'd be curious how many other 40's are coming after mine. Would be cool to get the "last one". :)

I almost forgot about this thread. After I received my 40, I quit coming here. Tonight I got a message about new software and so I thought I would see what it was about.

I have almost 1,000 miles and no trips to the gas station, what a great feeling. Now I only need my new time of use electric rate to kick in, PG&E was easy to talk to but they only convert at the beginning of a billing cycle.

I disabled the traction control today and tried to cause some premature tire wear. For as fast as it accelerates in a straight line, it is surprisingly hard to break traction. Perhaps because the torque is so smooth. Take a corner and punch it and you can have some fun. With the windows rolled down it is strange to listen to the tire noise without any motor noise. I love rear wheel drive :smile: