Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4.5 months, my in-app car is still the wrong color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I emailed ownership at the end of july, this was the reply...

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors. The incorrect color is currently displayed because Multi-Coat red is not yet available to view on the Mobile applications. We plans on implementing this color option in a future update to the app, but at this time all Multi-coat red cars are being shown as silver.

Update

My wife & I both have IPhone 5's & 2 IPads all display Silver.

(Another email just sent)

Last edited:
Red car. Silver in App. My wife's white is white in the IPhone App. I too got the same explanation from Tesla.... The IPhone App is still in "Beta" and was released before Red was offered. They tell me it will be fixed at some point in the future.

I figure if this is the biggest problem I have had across three cars then I am well ahead of the game :)

I dont mind waiting for the fix in the next update, its just strange that some have this problem & others don't.

I just got a reply from todays inquiry,

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors. The reason that Multi-Coat red does not display on the iPhone app, is due to the fact that, on release, Multi-Coat Red was not an available color for the Model S. Our software team is aware of the issue, and will be rectifying this in a future release of the app. I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact me directly at....