Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 rwd instant torque

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the new 2024 stealth grey rwd. I remember reading/watching some negative reviews on the 0-60 time and how it felt like off the start you could "feel" the suspension kind of settling in etc and potentially slowing the car down a bit. Coming from SUVs and a wrangler, the rwd is plenty quick enough for me.

But wondering if anyone has timed it from starting at 10-20 mph to like 75 mph for example. Where I have noticed that this car shines, i can take a turn at a normal cruising/safe speed and then punch it and the car feels like it hits 70 mph very quickly....... that instant torque when the car is cruising along a slow speed is insane to me. I feel like i like that burst is better than from a stop/0 to 60 mph etc. When I punch it after a red light, I often feel like a tool, but man, when i'm driving and decide to pass someone on the highway for example or cruising along on a quiet strip of road then punching it etc, man is it fun.

every ICE car I've driven now feels like something is wrong with the engine, it feels like is stuttering and unresponsive.

Yes, the best way to show somebody the acceleration is to take a foot of the pedal, car slows down a bit and then punch it to the floor. The acceleration or rather the contrast of braking and acceleration is something else.