Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.8.4 Bluetooth Broken

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is the iPhone 8 Plus and the last gen iPod Touch. Touch actually stopped connecting after an update in October but the iPhone worked fine until this last update. The owners manual in the car specifically says it works with all iPod Touch’s and iPhones.
Tesla might have unintentionally introduced an incompatibility with older versions of Bluetooth. I guess you could try to find out if Tesla Service is aware of the issue.

Reactions: groovyd
Force closing the app and starting it again usually fixes my phone key issue. If it gets worse delete your phone keys and BT devices and pair again.

We also had an issue where we couldn’t hear callers and that was fixed by changing the BT profile for the Tesla in the iOS settings to Phone.

Reactions: sidewinder
She has a brand new iPhone 15. I have an iPhone 14 Pro. Neither has an issue with my car (that is not 2024.8)
It’s likely a firmware issue. I have an iphone 12 and a new iPhone 15, both Bluetooth functionality stopped working on my 2023 S about a month ago. Tesla service confirmed and say I have to wait until 2024.8.11 and there is no current ETA. Soft reset, or even hard reset (ie pop the hood and unplug the controller) won’t fix. Frustrating.

Reactions: groovyd
Force closing the app and starting it again usually fixes my phone key issue. If it gets worse delete your phone keys and BT devices and pair again.

We also had an issue where we couldn’t hear callers and that was fixed by changing the BT profile for the Tesla in the iOS settings to Phone.
Our walk away lock started to intermittently stop working. Then it stopped all together. Service had me delete the app and re-pair the phones. (iPhone 12’s) Seemed to work but started acting up again with a new update. 2024.3.15

We could use our phones to change climate, lock the doors. Walk away was the only function affected.