Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.8.4 strange issue (possily bug?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody experienced issues with JACK MODE and SMART AIR SUSPENSION on Model S or X? When I pick LOW it selects MEDIUM, if I select MEDIUM it selects HIGH and when I select HIGH it selects VERY HIGH. I can't enable JACK MODE either... But if I select VERY HIGH it enables JACK MODE! Is it coincidence I am experiencing these issues or is it a bug on 2024.8.4? I didn't have these issues until I updated yesterday... 2016 US Model S 90D

Reactions: Smc171
Has anybody experienced issues with JACK MODE and SMART AIR SUSPENSION on Model S or X? When I pick LOW it selects MEDIUM, if I select MEDIUM it selects HIGH and when I select HIGH it selects VERY HIGH. I can't enable JACK MODE either... But if I select VERY HIGH it enables JACK MODE! Is it coincidence I am experiencing these issues or is it a bug on 2024.8.4? I didn't have these issues until I updated yesterday... 2016 US Model S 90D
Seems like an intern was off on indexing the software. I'm sure a bug fix will be out very soon.

YES.

I thought I was going NUTS. My tire caught a nail on Monday, so I tried to raise the car (Model S) to get a better look and this happened to me. At first I thought... Can a tiny @ss screw mess up my suspension???? Thanks for posting this and confirming my sanity... for now.

Reactions: zoomer0056
YES.

I thought I was going NUTS. My tire caught a nail on Monday, so I tried to raise the car (Model S) to get a better look and this happened to me. At first I thought... Can a tiny @ss screw mess up my suspension???? Thanks for posting this and confirming my sanity... for now.

Ok, so right now to enable JACK MODE on this screwed up FW, select HIGH, then when the car goes to VERY HIGH wait for it to go the highest it can and then select VERY HIGH and your car will enable JACK MODE in the VERY HIGH setting.

And we wont have LOW setting until bug fix, but wont affect anything except showing off wheels in LOW setting.... 🤣

Just happened to me tonight on 2016 MS. First upgrade as new owner of used Tesla - sad

Please report it so they fix it ASAP.

I reported them again separate, please say these 2 sentences after pressing Voice Command button before each sentence.

(press button) report bug air suspension issues after firmware upgrade

(press button) report bug jack mode issues after firmware upgrade

Last edited:
Wow i have the same issue with my 2016 US Model S 90D no jack mode & my air suspension wont go to low setting only medium & VERY HIGH.
I'm glad I'm not the only person :)Hopefully another update will come soon.

Please report it so they fix it ASAP.

I reported them again separate, please say these 2 sentences after pressing Voice Command button before each sentence.

(press button) report bug air suspension issues after firmware upgrade

(press button) report bug jack mode issues after firmware upgrade

Having same issue thought I was losing my mind. Was going to post here with a video of same issue and the predictive title linked me right to this thread. 2024.8.4 in my P85D Model S. I even went into service mode to check if there was any faults or something with the suspension but nope. Now to see if Tesla fixes this anytime soon. The one upside is that it actually will let you go from medium to very high. I hate how you literally have to drag it from medium to high then very high without being able to just skip high all together.

From my understanding from other things I've read online is that the voice commands for "bug" just bookmark/timestamp the issue in the log but doesn't actually get sent anywhere. So I'm guessing this issue won't get fixed anytime soon unless they randomly find it in regression testing or something.

I’m having the same issue! I thought it was the car, it was driving me crazy, thanks for the post.