Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MORNING MARGARETA has now departed Shanghai South enroute to New Westminster, Canada. ETA should be 15 Jul.

Waiting offshore is GRANDE MIRAFIORI. It looks like she may be UK bound. Depending on when she departs I estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 30/31 Jul.

Over in Canada, VIKING SEA is leading a procession of ships heading for Vancouver - is the strike over?

I have been given my VIN, collection date of the 9th August in UK. Final invoice generated and I can see pick-up location and time in my app now.

Now to determine what ship this will be on…
Interestingly I have been given a collection date but have no official vin currently. Have a hidden vin which is different to the one I got previously.

Was offered any day after 9th Aug but the first date I can do is the 14th

Reactions: Bob123
MORNING MARGARETA has now departed Shanghai South enroute to New Westminster, Canada. ETA should be 15 Jul.

Waiting offshore is GRANDE MIRAFIORI. It looks like she may be UK bound. Depending on when she departs I estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 30/31 Jul.

Over in Canada, VIKING SEA is leading a procession of ships heading for Vancouver - is the strike over?
the strike is not over but I assume it only effects cargo carrier and not vehicle carrier. Since cargos are required to use cranes to be taken off and cars are driven off, the cars are probably driven off the boat by Tesla workers rather than the port workers since port workers only deals with cargos I believe. I could be wrong and that the port workers are the ones who drives the cars off the boat but i lowkey think car companies have designated car unloaders unless they trust port workers to drive their cars off the boat for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob123
the strike is not over but I assume it only effects cargo carrier and not vehicle carrier. Since cargos are required to use cranes to be taken off and cars are driven off, the cars are probably driven off the boat by Tesla workers rather than the port workers since port workers only deals with cargos I believe. I could be wrong and that the port workers are the ones who drives the cars off the boat but i lowkey think car companies have designated car unloaders unless they trust port workers to drive their cars off the boat for them.
Anyone got insight on this?

The stevedores that drive the cars on/off car carriers are highly skilled at what they do. Tesla will contract a local agent to do this work.
There is no way they would work against a union.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI if it's UK bound, will probably be full of Model Ys right?