Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My apologies. You're correct - I ordered induction wheel.

I guess my question is whether the Matrix headlights and/or build quality concerns are enough of a reason to go out of my way to get a Fremont build?
I think Austin vs Fremont build quality is a toss up. I wouldn't try for Fremont for that reason.
Matrix lights are IMO a little overhyped. There are no matrix features enabled (Even in EU where they have been legal for a long time) other than spelling out TESLA during the light show you gain no function. The matrix lights have been tested to have a little better reach and spread but also suffer from black gaps in the regular beams that to me would be more annoying than losing some reach/spread. The non-matrix lights are really nice....Tesla even codes them as the Premium option where as matrix are Global because they are used in the other countries.

Now at some point Tesla might bring some matrix functions to the headlights but considering they barely just got the auto hi-beams to work somewhat reliably in the past couple months, I wouldn't hold my breathe for usable matrix functions any time soon.

All that said, I probably wouldn't reject the TX vin for matrix either. And the only way you'd be able to guarentee a Fremont would be 7 seater or MYP. Otherwise you can't reject a 2nd VIN without cancelling your order, losing $250 and going back of line for a new order. You being in TX would make it highly likely your 2nd VIN would be TX also.

I think Austin vs Fremont build quality is a toss up. I wouldn't try for Fremont for that reason.
Matrix lights are IMO a little overhyped. There are no matrix features enabled (Even in EU where they have been legal for a long time) other than spelling out TESLA during the light show you gain no function. The matrix lights have been tested to have a little better reach and spread but also suffer from black gaps in the regular beams that to me would be more annoying than losing some reach/spread. The non-matrix lights are really nice....Tesla even codes them as the Premium option where as matrix are Global because they are used in the other countries.

Now at some point Tesla might bring some matrix functions to the headlights but considering they barely just got the auto hi-beams to work somewhat reliably in the past couple months, I wouldn't hold my breathe for usable matrix functions any time soon.

All that said, I probably wouldn't reject the TX vin for matrix either. And the only way you'd be able to guarentee a Fremont would be 7 seater or MYP. Otherwise you can't reject a 2nd VIN without cancelling your order, losing $250 and going back of line for a new order. You being in TX would make it highly likely your 2nd VIN would be TX also.
This is very helpful insight!! Thank you! :)

Reactions: arbitrage000
Delivery day scheduled for this Saturday, 2/18! Headed straight to Discount Tire to put some X-Ice Snow tires on! Fingers crossed for a solid build!
I put the X-Ice on mine back in December. Range has stayed very similar to the stock tires. Ride quality is good. I only see a few snow days a year on Vancouver Island but it was fun driving in the snow for the week we had it back in December!! Good luck with delivery.

Welp, what a bummer. Teslas official trade-in offer came back 8k less than the estimate they provided 2 weeks ago (which financially allowed me to order). Now I can’t justify the cost. Called Sales rep and all they could say was that the estimates are inaccurate and I should’ve spoken to someone in person because they would’ve told me so. I don’t believe that bc my trade in estimate a couple years ago was spot on to the official offer and I proceeded with trade in. I am unable to take delivery unless I can sell independently. What are some good options based on experience? I’m already listed on cargurus with no bites, don’t want to do FB, and all the other instant offer sites were about 1-2k less than teslas final low offer. Upset that I may need to cancel order. Thanks for help.
Have a MYLR on order (1/27) and Tesla's offer was $4500 less than Carmax on my 20 Ram 1500 Limited (MSRP over $70K). Local Ram dealer offered $5500 more than Tesla for outright sale. I ended up selling it in 9 days on Craigslist for $10K more than Tesla's offer, far outweighing any tax advantage of trading it (about $3400 AZ tax).

With the recent price drop and tax credit eligibility I am seriously considering ordering a model y, color blue, 19” wheels. Does anyone know the approximate current wait time for delivery if an order is placed now? I would also welcome any information on the Tesla delivery process as it is a bit unclear to me. I am in Kentucky where I do not believe Tesla has a store location.
Hello @Captain78!
We ordered Tesla Model Y Long Range Blue Exterior with a black and white interior on January 29th. The initial delivery estimate was Mar 13th - Mar 31st which was changed to Apr 8th - May 20th yesterday. I did make a change to the configuration on Feb 9th though from a black interior to white. Not sure if that caused the delivery date to be pushed further or if it happened with everyone. BTW, our location is Milpitas, CA.

WA/OR folks, if you are looking for available unit, I have one that I'm ready to let go. Wife doesn't approve and decided to go with Model 3 instead.

- MYLR White Ext / White Int, all basic options
- MSRP $44,990 including $1K discount (Demo vehicle with less than 1K miles).
- Ready for delivery this Sat 2/18 at Seattle area (VIN assigned and pick up scheduled).
- Looking to recover booking fee only. PM me with your phone number and we'll talk.
- Transferring is doable although Tesla discouraging it.

MYLR :
OD 1/13 for a 7 seater
EDD1 Feb-Mar
Feb 8th updated configuration to 5 seater
EDD2 Mar-May
02/15 Added registeration
EDD3 April-Jun

Seems like Tesla is lookking to push your odd for any little change you make :(

Now no gurantee I would be eligible for 7500 rebate after March and may have to cancel if I don't :(

Ordered MYLR on 1/14 blue/white, L.I., NY no VIN yet. My EDD which had been 2/13 - 3/13 was updated on Monday to 3/6 - 3/31 and my trade-in offer expired on Tuesday. I was prompted by Tesla to update my trade-in car's information yesterday and the only thing that I changed was the odometer to add another 1,000 miles. This morning I got a text that my offer was accepted and fearing that it was going to be reduced by $500-$1,000 I was surprised to see that the new offer increased by $1,700 from the original. Maybe their original offer was lowballed?

Hi everyone,

I confirmed my car has a "gated date" of 2/11/23, which makes me feel pretty confident it was a cacnellation verus a reject.

As expected, they confirmed, as well, that it has the "Premium" headlights as opposed to the "Global" (matrix) headlights.
how did you find out it has a gated date or cancellation? Mine was showing EDD of April-June but they just assigned me a VIN . Wondering if mine was a reject/cancellation as well?

how did you find out it has a gated date or cancellation? Mine was showing EDD of April-June but they just assigned me a VIN . Wondering if mine was a reject/cancellation as well?
You need to talk to an SA or phone the Tesla # or text them. They can look up the gated date on their system. There is no way for the customer to decode this. If your gated date was the day before or day of getting your VIN then it is brand new. If it is just a few days old or a week old then probably a cancellation. If it is a two or more weeks old could be any reason including a QC reject. One other clue is if they are wanting you to come get it right away, meaning it is already at the delivery center....that could mean anything including QC reject but also could be someone backing out at last minute due to financing or changing their mind/order.

MYLR 19" White/Black
OD: 1/26
EDD1 : Feb-Mar
EDD2: Mar 18-31
No VIN yet.
Very similar here:
MYLR 19" Whi/blk tow hitch
OD: 1/26 (PM but they registered it as 1/27)
Initial EDD: Feb-Mar
EDD2: 3/16-3/31
No VIN as of 2/16

Thankful to get "passed over" on the date push outs. I think it's location dependant more than equipment/mod dependant. They want to maximize their shipment efficiency.

You need to talk to an SA or phone the Tesla # or text them. They can look up the gated date on their system. There is no way for the customer to decode this. If your gated date was the day before or day of getting your VIN then it is brand new. If it is just a few days old or a week old then probably a cancellation. If it is a two or more weeks old could be any reason including a QC reject. One other clue is if they are wanting you to come get it right away, meaning it is already at the delivery center....that could mean anything including QC reject but also could be someone backing out at last minute due to financing or changing their mind/order.
Makes sense. I got my VIN on 2/14; gated date was 2/11.