Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jan 21: Placed order for MYLR/Blue/Black/Tow
Jan 24: EDD updated to 3/7 - 3/31
Feb 12: Updated to MYP/Blue/Black/Tow
Feb 14: EDD updated to 3/25 - 3/31

Strongly considering canceling the order altogether given how many people with later order dates than me have significantly earlier delivery windows. Feel incredibly disrespected right now.

Reactions: Dr.O

Strongly considering canceling the order altogether given how many people with later order dates than me have significantly earlier delivery windows. Feel incredibly disrespected right now.
not that I’ve seen with this color combo. My OD was 19th and my EDD is essentially the same as yours

By all means, cancel your order. Because if you do that, I’ll get my order even earlier.

My EDD is 2/23-3/23. So you might be asking, how you cancelling your order means I’ll get mine quicker?

That because your last EDD was based on your MYLR, not the MYP. If you wait a few days, it should update to something similar to mine.

Actually, don’t wait, cancel your order, quickly!

Similar here... gets worse... Ordered 1/24, no VIN, EDD always been Mar 13-31; yesterday changed to April 9 - May 21
I'll most likely cancel IF I miss out on 1/2 the credit BUT -
- I view the $250 deposit as an option to buy. SO no hurry to cancel early. More info = value.
- IF tesla raises prices a lot based on demand then I may buy and have a car I can use a few years and sell w/o depreciation.
- Chance Treasury is late with decision
- Chance they maintain full credit and make battery requirements more stringent next year
- Outside chance the ol' gas guzzler needs a big repair and really do need to replace..
I have little to lose and the later I cancel the more inconvenient it is to Tesla, not me

Hi there.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I placed my order on 1/28, got an EDD of late-February/early-March, had it updated within the past week or so to late-February, and now have scheduled delivery for the 19th. I ordered a MYLR, MSM, Black Interior, Uber wheels.

I have two specific questions, both related to the fact that I was given an Austin VIN. Is it worth rejecting and trying to wait for a Freemont build because of the Matrix headlights and/or build-quality issues with Austin? I live in Texas so I imagine unless I modify my order to one that is only built in Freemont, I'm likely to just get another Austin build. But, wanted everyone's thoughts.

Thanks!

Hi there.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I placed my order on 1/28, got an EDD of late-February/early-March, had it updated within the past week or so to late-February, and now have scheduled delivery for the 19th. I ordered a MYLR, MSM, Black Interior, Uber wheels.

I have two specific questions, both related to the fact that I was given an Austin VIN. Is it worth rejecting and trying to wait for a Freemont build because of the Matrix headlights and/or build-quality issues with Austin? I live in Texas so I imagine unless I modify my order to one that is only built in Freemont, I'm likely to just get another Austin build. But, wanted everyone's thoughts.

Thanks!
Are you sure you order MYLR with Uber wheel or induction wheel?

Uber wheel only comes with MYP. If you order MYP, it would be Fremont and MYP has matrix by default.

Based on your location, MYLR would come from Austin to make sense. If you are really want matrix, go for MYP.

Reactions: Dr.O
Are you sure you order MYLR with Uber wheel or induction wheel?

Uber wheel only comes with MYP. If you order MYP, it would be Fremont and MYP has matrix by default.

Based on your location, MYLR would come from Austin to make sense. If you are really want matrix, go for MYP.
My apologies. You're correct - I ordered induction wheel.

I guess my question is whether the Matrix headlights and/or build quality concerns are enough of a reason to go out of my way to get a Fremont build?

My apologies. You're correct - I ordered induction wheel.

I guess my question is whether the Matrix headlights and/or build quality concerns are enough of a reason to go out of my way to get a Fremont build?
In My opinion, I think Austin probably has better build quality. I care less about matrix light. It is really cool but it would be another expensive electric component to worry about in term of cost when it breaks.