Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model S LR Ride Height Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please see photo for exact details but my left and right ride height are not the same. I took this picture while the car is in my garage (perfectly level surface) I really dont know much about suspension at all but the car drives fine and it shows these readings when i have it set to low (which is how i always have driven it), when i set it to medium the numbers seem to level out even, but i keep it in low, just wondering if these numbers look normal, the car is only about a week and a half old, about 200 miles on it so practically brand new. Thanks in advance.

20230302_143446.jpg

My 2020 also shows different ride heights and it is normal. I have seen where others have had the car "leveled" at their expense. Don't know if that will make the numbers the same, closer, or just makes sure it is within spec. There is another member who evidently has proof that the adjustable suspension doesn't do anything. There is a class action for this. I believe you will find this normal.

Reactions: DayTrippin
My 2020 also shows different ride heights and it is normal. I have seen where others have had the car "leveled" at their expense. Don't know if that will make the numbers the same, closer, or just makes sure it is within spec. There is another member who evidently has proof that the adjustable suspension doesn't do anything. There is a class action for this. I believe you will find this normal.
Cool, thank you 👍

I agree with DD. I just want to add that just because it is normal, doesn't mean it is correct or how it should be. Normal means typical,so if every Tesla pulls to the left or phantom brakes, that is still normal behavior. You will get that a lot with Tesla.

My MS LR was often not level, and neither is my Plaid. It was never off enough for me to worry about leveling it. Considering how small the difference is, I wouldn't worry about it. I'd bet that if you went and measured a Porsche on the showroom floor, it wouldn't be any better than this.

I'd worry more about the camber in the rear wheels if you are running 21's than this.