Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Cadillac LYRIQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

And from the same site:

Also something to consider from legacy auto makers: while they may not invest capital into electronic modules like Tesla, they will over complicate things like headlights and twilights which will be expensive to replace. (i.e the ‘Art’ approach of legacy automotive producers vs ‘Computer’ approach of Tesla) Also of note is the doors might share supplier schematics with the Ford Mach E.

All approaches will have its inherent disadvantages.

I do not like the ratio of battery size to range, but perhaps real world range will prove to actually be 300 miles which would make it not so bad. But a curb weight of 5,688lbs is pretty bad. Though I am that 0.1% of consumers who care about that!
I am a bit puzzled by the statement. Our MX is about the same weight, has almost the same size battery and the same mileage. What am I misunderstanding about your comment?

I am a bit puzzled by the statement. Our MX is about the same weight, has almost the same size battery and the same mileage. What am I misunderstanding about your comment?

Well part of it is I just do not like large and heavy cars, so I'm not too interested in the model X either.
However, the model X is actually a very big car, with spec of 91 cubic feet of cargo area compared to the Lyriqs 60.8, so it seems like the Lyriq is more like a model Y in terms of utility, but a model X in terms of mass and battery size.

Well part of it is I just do not like large and heavy cars, so I'm not too interested in the model X either.
However, the model X is actually a very big car, with spec of 91 cubic feet of cargo area compared to the Lyriqs 60.8, so it seems like the Lyriq is more like a model Y in terms of utility, but a model X in terms of mass and battery size.

The Lyriq is squat and long like a wagon. And I don't think there's a large giant subtrunk either like in Teslas.

Also the Model X space is probably including frunk cargo space (6.5 cu ft) which the Lyriq does not have. So the comparison is 85 (https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/tesla/model-x/interior) vs. 60... still a big win for the X but the Lyriq is $30K cheaper.

The Lyriq is squat and long like a wagon. And I don't think there's a large giant subtrunk either like in Teslas.

Also the Model X space is probably including frunk cargo space (6.5 cu ft) which the Lyriq does not have. So the comparison is 85 (https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/tesla/model-x/interior) vs. 60... still a big win for the X but the Lyriq is $30K cheaper.
Some like it, some don't like anything else. The wife loves it and thats all that matters to me. :) Frankly, I now rather drive it than my 2017 MX,

Also something to consider from legacy auto makers: while they may not invest capital into electronic modules like Tesla, they will over complicate things like headlights and twilights which will be expensive to replace. (i.e the ‘Art’ approach of legacy automotive producers vs ‘Computer’ approach of Tesla) Also of note is the doors might share supplier schematics with the Ford Mach E.

All approaches will have its inherent disadvantages.
ev's tout less parts and no fluids like ice but are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more expensive to fix period. Its kind of an oximoron.

ev's tout less parts and no fluids like ice but are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more expensive to fix period. Its kind of an oximoron.

Thats design decisions and not inherent to running an EV. Ford uses an ICE F-150 as the starting point and shares most of its parts with the ICE counterpart. The EV portion just makes the F150 Lightning more reliable. Just because GM designed the Hummer stupidly doesn't mean it represents EVs in general.

Reactions: cusetownusa
I sort of accidentally took a look at the Lyriq while on a recent trip to Palm Springs. I saw the dealer had three of them up front and stopped in for a look on the way back from the BMW dealer.

I have never considered a Cadillac and I feel that the brand is damaged nearly beyond repair but my goodness is the Lyriq slick. The interior is just…it’s nice. Like nice nice. Everything is soft and switchgear feels premium. It’s dead silent in there and the doors shut with a solid thud.

The units they had were sold so they’re going to call me when they get an unsold car for me to drive.

The Lyriq might be my next car. It’s plush in there and after waiting for FSD to materialize for six damned years what I really want is supercruise. IMG_4102.jpegIMG_4099.jpegIMG_4100.jpeg

Last edited:
I sat in a Lyriq at our local car show earlier this month. I thought the interior looked good until I started touching stuff. There's a lot of chintzy feeling bits in there. I don't remember for sure, but I don't think any of the metal looking parts are actually metal. I couldn't believe how bad the center console/armrest area plastics felt. It was a weird experience for sure in that my eyes and my hands told different stories about the car.

I just saw the previous poster raving about the interior quality, so perhaps it's a problem with my perceptions. If I get another chance to sit in one I'll try to get a feel of its quality again. But my initial encounter with the Lyriq left me fairly unimpressed.

Reactions: voxel
I sat in a Lyriq at our local car show earlier this month. I thought the interior looked good until I started touching stuff. There's a lot of chintzy feeling bits in there. I don't remember for sure, but I don't think any of the metal looking parts are actually metal. I couldn't believe how bad the center console/armrest area plastics felt. It was a weird experience for sure in that my eyes and my hands told different stories about the car.

I just saw the previous poster raving about the interior quality, so perhaps it's a problem with my perceptions. If I get another chance to sit in one I'll try to get a feel of its quality again. But my initial encounter with the Lyriq left me fairly unimpressed.

I agree with the interior being visually pleasant but meh when you touch it.

After my test drive last week, it's a slightly nicer Ioniq 5. It's quiet, the ride quality is compliant, the RWD is peppy unlike the Korean RWD EVs, the stereo is crisp, It's a good value at $60K and even $63K. If you find the Model Y ride rough and noisy... the Lyriq is for you.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
You guys have me questioning what I felt. I’ll have to pay more attention next time.

I was impressed that the door cards were soft touch all the way to the bottom, the seatbacks were upholstered to the floor with no cheesy hard plastic base or plastic rear shell, and that the switchgear all felt heavy and substantial.

The center infotainment knob was a little clicky I guess, but it all felt very nice to me for $65k.

Maybe I’m misremembering.