Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model S Carwash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Just wondering if I can use the Carwash mode while in Valet mode (don't want any of my settings changed by the carwash staff). 2. Also, is it necessary to manually take the car out of the Carwash mode to drive out of an auto wash or otherwise (staff may need instructions)? 3. Is there anything to instruct about cleaning of the interior suede-like material (e.g., alongside the windshield)?

Thanks!

• Helpful
Reactions: CDrury
Car wash mode is poorly implemented, and I would imagine it would cause more harm than good with the drivers at a car wash with the confusion the interface creates. The need for this video illustrates the issues:

Thanks. I don't find Carwash mode particularly confusing. However, I still have the questions about using it together with Valet mode.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I don't find Carwash mode particularly confusing. However, I still have the questions about using it together with Valet mode.

You drive a Tesla on a regular basis. The people working at the car wash don't. It's hard enough for them to figure out how to use the door handles, and you want them to figure out the nuances of car wash mode on the fly? 🤣

Upvote 0
You drive a Tesla on a regular basis. The people working at the car wash don't. It's hard enough for them to figure out how to use the door handles, and you want them to figure out the nuances of car wash mode on the fly? 🤣
@TLLMRRJ You missed the point. I wanted to know what settings to use to avoid them being changed when I hand the car over to be washed. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0