Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 tesla model s No power after Airbag deployed(accidentally).

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the safety control module changed and wasn’t carefully putting it back and blew curtain airbag accidentally. Wanna kill myself at the moment I heard airbag blown. Boommmm.

The 16v battery drain fast. I tried to turn of service mode. It is blank white screen.

I found the pyro fuse location and was so excited that I might fix it. After I have it changed, nothing better.

I was trying to find an axe and wanted to crack open this battery car. I felt faint because of the hot summer!!! 103 degree in my backyard.

What the hell is tesla doing with this car??? What kind of design. I understand the safety concern. But Just Because of airbag blown, people like me cannot fix it ourselves. I have no idea what I need to do next. Fixing cars my whole life, never feel so frustrated like this.

Can Anyone help? I am thinking to replace vc front, or manually close contactor… any suggestion/help will be appreciated.

2021 tesla model s.

Attachments

• IMG_3774.jpeg
    IMG_3774.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_3782.png
    IMG_3782.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG_3715.jpeg
    IMG_3715.jpeg
    346.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3723.jpeg
    IMG_3723.jpeg
    337 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_3611.jpeg
    IMG_3611.jpeg
    665.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_3583.jpeg
    IMG_3583.jpeg
    374.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3472.jpeg
    IMG_3472.jpeg
    488.9 KB · Views: 190
Last edited by a moderator:
Deploy new firmware from service menu,and see if the RCM will update.
wtf did you do to blow the curtain airbag, did you not disconnect the low voltage battery before changing the rcm? That would be real stupid if you have been working on cars all your live.

this might be useful:

Service mode won't work with bad VCfront...
Sounds like u maybe better off with Pre-Refresh models, they're a lot easier to work with

Reactions: Snow01030507
The 16V battery may need to be replaced too. Once it fully discharges, it typically won’t recharge.

Sorry. Why were you replacing the RCM in the first place? Especially on a car in warranty?
My seatbelt not working. And airbags on. So I spent 30 dollars resetting and reprogram it. Yep it is in warranty. But like the other guy said, I was being stupid.

this might be useful:

Service mode won't work with bad VCfront...
Sounds like u maybe better off with Pre-Refresh models, they're a lot easier to work with
Thank you so much.

I was taking out the seatbelts and airbag module to send them out to get repaired and the seats 1st stopped working and then the screen went blank and will not turn on.
I checked the pyro fuse blew again.
I replaced the pyro fuse... put the reseted airbag module and still the screen doesnt turn on and the seats dont work.
The car locks unlocks.. turn signals and interior lights go on.. but that's about it.
I have no idea what to do.