Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S Plaid dead

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a plaid from a salvage auction. It was in an accident and the puro fuse has blown. Because it set on their lot so long the 16v battery was dead. After replacing both the pyro fuse and the lv battery the vehicle won't do anything except light the brake lights when the pedal is depressed and the interior door release. The steering wheel, dash, infotainment, power seats, air ride, hv charger are all not working. I can jump power to connector x11 pin 15 and the mcu lights up and I can interact with the infotainment system. However the GPS, cameras, fm radio, and Bluetooth are inoperative. It seems like portions of the controllers are working but not completely. Is there any trouble shooting that can help.me narrow down these issues? Any help is appreciated.

Upvote 0
this might be helpful
The post accident load shedding may be my issue. I tried to enter the service mode but I get the warning message that the vehicle alarm must be disabled to enter service mode. Is there any way I can do this without a key. The vehicle came without a key and I need the key card reader to power up to program a new one.

Upvote 1
Not that I know of. I think most people with this symptom have found the VCBatt to fix the problem. Mine was the VCFront. I have put my original VCBatt module back in and the cars powers up fine. I still have a BUNCH or error codes associated with the VCFront but at least I have screens on,

Upvote 0
maybe ask diff SC...
1707440250515.png

Reactions: Gtech
Upvote 0