Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 X radio reception is AWESOME in low signal areas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I posted a critical post about 400 miles being enough and disagreeing with Elon, I though I should document something about the X that is AWESOME and better than any other car we have. The FM radio reception is better than any car we have in remote areas, bar none! As stated in the 400 mile thread, we are remote Northern Wisconsin. We like to listen to 95.5 from Wausau. Ford Mustang is close for reception, but the Tesla pulls FM stations in better than any other car we have. Other cars lower the trebble as the station gets weaker, so when on the edge of reception, the station gets/looses/gets/looses it's highs. The Tesla radio is so sensitive, that doesn't happen.

Very happy with the FM reception, which is good, because we are in a cell phone waste land where internet (Spotify) is only available 50% of the time. I don't blame that on Tesla, rather AT&T not having good coverage up here.

P.S. our 2017 Volt FM was TERRIBLE. Even close stations faded in and out. A good thing on the 2019 Volt refresh was a better radio. Still not Tesla quality, but about average now, so it's usable.

Reactions: Harvey Danger