Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Supercharger Map is up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like finally two superchargers on Vancouver Island! One looks to be in the Strait of Juan de Fuca, but I think they mean Victoria. The other looks like Nanaimo or Parksville (the latter was my suggestion to Tesla).

I sure hope they really do this whole plan before the Model 3's start pouring out of California!

I don't think so. I'm afraid that location you want to be in Victoria is in Port Angeles/Sequim, Washington. Remember that the location is somewhat south of the point on the marker.

I hope upgrading Mt. Shasta CA and Grants Pass OR is in the plan. These are among the first Superchargers and at 4 stalls each they are at capacity in the summer for THE major west coast north/south route. Redding might help Shasta but Grants Pass will be a huge bottleneck.

Reactions: Blup85
Glad to see more around Seattle!

Yes, They need some and I hope they would do one by SeaTac. Would be nice to be able to drive to SeaTac drop off or pick up and charge and drive home in one day if you live any distance from the airport at all.
But since the Tesla population is so high around the Seattle area I hope they are going to follow through with these locations.

I like the way they depict coverage with the white circle with a radius about 200 miles from the supercharger. Like we can fly there.

Since the roads are not by the crow, some of those separations are actually more like 250 miles apart. Good luck getting there unless it's a nice spring day with a S90D, no up elevation and no wind.:)

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman
This should help ... Tesla unveils its 2017 Supercharger network expansion plans

Last night, Tesla updated the Supercharger network map on its website to show its expansion plans for next year. With only a few weeks left in 2016, the company had fallen behind on its 2016 expansion plans for its network of DC fast-charging stations and the current Supercharger maps, which should have looked like the “2016 maps”, were missing several stations. Tesla Supercharger “2016 maps” are replaced with “2017 maps” showing some new Supercharger expansions in Hawaii, Mexico, Taiwan, Korea and New Zealand.

North America:
In North America, Tesla announced new Superchargers in Hawaii and Mexico, and it pushed to next year expansions to extend the coverage in the US and Canada that were originally planned for 2016. We are talking about more extensive coverage on the west and east coast, as well as expansions in states currently without any stations, like North Dakota or Arkansas, that were supposed to get some Superchargers in 2016, but they are now on the 2017 map.

Here are the relevant maps per region. The first map represents the current Supercharger stations. The second map represents the planned network for 2016 that Tesla has now abandoned and finally, the last map is the new planned network for 2017:

Current 2016

Planned 2016 – abandoned

Planned 2017

Europe:
Not much as changed from the 2016 map of planned Superchargers in Europe to the planned 2017 map. More stations are planned for central Europe and France, but expansion in East Europe and along the Mediterranean sea that were originally planned for 2016 have now been pushed to next year:

Current 2016

Planned 2016 – abandoned

Planned 2017

Asia-Pacific:
Same thing for Asia, Australia, and New Zealand. The new map only confirms Supercharger expansions that were announced in the last few months after the market introductions of Tesla in Taiwan, South Korea, and New Zealand. Tesla will also continue its expansions in China and Australia.

Current 2016

Planned 2016 – abandoned

Planned 2017

Tesla currently operates over 4,800 Superchargers at over 769 locations around the world. The company aims to almost double that number by the end of next year in preparation for the Model 3 hitting the market during the second half of 2017 and in large numbers in 2018. In order to accelerate and finance the deployment of more stations, Tesla announced last month the end of unlimited free Supercharging and the change to ‘Supercharging credit program’, which gives owners roughly 1000 miles of free charging at Superchargers each year. After reaching the threshold, owners will have to buy ‘Supercharger Credits’. Also, it doesn’t want to make money on its recent $.40/minute overstay fee on chargers, it will make some. More importantly it will incent people to free up stations, allowing more people to use them.

Looks like finally two superchargers on Vancouver Island! One looks to be in the Strait of Juan de Fuca, but I think they mean Victoria. The other looks like Nanaimo or Parksville (the latter was my suggestion to Tesla).

I think the one in the strait is in Port Angeles, not Victoria. The pins are positioned slightly north of the actual location, for example, the Page AZ pin appears to be in a Utah -- but Page is a couple miles south of the state line...

I like the way they depict coverage with the white circle with a radius about 200 miles from the supercharger. Like we can fly there.

Since the roads are not by the crow, some of those separations are actually more like 250 miles apart. Good luck getting there unless it's a nice spring day with a S90D, no up elevation and no wind.:)
All Superchargers are either at the top or the bottom of a mountain, depending on whether you're arriving or departing respectively.

• Funny
Reactions: MitchMitch
I created this from cropped images. not perfect but a reason way to view it.
planned-2016-vs-planned-2017
planned_2016_vs_planned_2017.gif

They really need to add one in Baker as a failsafe for Barstow. Surprised not to see that gap filled yet so many others were.
As a frequent traveler on the Orange County to Vegas route, I approve this message. The recent Barstow SC vandalism should underscore the need for a Baker SC. Also, EVGo just announced a 350kW CCS install in Baker, Tesla needs to respond :)

Reactions: rfmurphy81