Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Tesla Charging at Tesla Supercharger station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool. Can you elaborate?
Better regen control. Adjust as you drive with the regen lever on the steering wheel. Makes it a very fun car to drive.

Progressive brake pedal regen. Brake lightly get 10KW, brake with a lot of pressure and get 70 KW. I don't think the brake pads ever engage in the Bolt. Tesla adds nothing at all with the brake pedal. But I normally use the steering wheel regen control only to stop. Not much need for the brake pedal.

See drain or gain in KW as you drive, right on the screen.

Icon for blind spot right in the mirrors where it belongs. No need to take your eyes of the road to look at a screen.

Rear view camera automatically switches to front while parking going forward. Park perfectly every time, regardless of if backing in or not.

Passive FOB works perfectly. Open locked doors or drive with it in your pocket.

No need to keep the Bolt plugged in when going on a 3-month vacation. Makes no difference in the battery drain in 3 months. Tesla would be drained down by then if not left plugged in.

The adaptive cruise control works better in the Bolt. Set the length to follow the car in front very easily.

I could probably name a few more, if I thought about it.

But Tesla has its advantages as well. Such as the dual motors for the snow (snowing heavily right now here in Reno) and the more reliable charging than CCS. Great navigation system and the voice commands are handy.

This time of year, I keep my Telsa at my Reno home and my Bolt at my Auburn, CA home. I switch them before summer. Snow is common here but rare in Auburn.

IMO, the Tesla is best for anything serious, such as driving across the country. The Bolt is a better around town car but either can be used for either.

-Don- Reno, NV

IMO, the Tesla is best for anything serious, such as driving across the country. The Bolt is a better around town car but either can be used for either.
Very true. The Bolt has a lot of things going for it, especially given its price point.

But for someone with only one car who drives long distances multiple times per year, it’s the Bolt’s pitiful DC charging speeds that rule it out for me. 50kW max charging speeds is about 8 years behind the curve.

50kW max charging speeds is about 8 years behind the curve.
55KW for my 2022 Chevy Bolt. Not an issue to me, I always enjoy the breaks. I am retired, not in a big hurry to get anywhere. I do the same stuff on the road as I do at home on those charge stops, such as post messages like these. Or I walk around the town or have a meal or whatever.

Besides, the free CCS charger I often use here, can only do 62.5KW. That is my Blue 2018 Tesla M3 charging there in the top photo on CCS after I changed the charging (ECU) module to give it CCS adapter support. I drove down there just to test the CCS on my Tesla. Trip cost me less than nothing because I got home with more charge than I started that trip with. I am also the last check-in there.

But most of my charging is on my motorcycles. All the electric motorcycles you see there in the other photos there are mine.

-Don- Reno, NV

Well I didn't make this up if you're referring to the Nissan being parked at the Lee Tesla charging station. However, my friend with me at the time commented that the person in the car was texting or something when we arrived and still doing the same when we left so perhaps they were trying to download whatever they thought was needed to charge there.

Yesterday I stopped at the Lee Mass Supercharger to top off my Model Y to continue my trip home. I noticed a Nissan Aria (I think) parked and plugged into a Tesla Supercharger. I know an agreement was signed but didn't realize it was already in effect. However, because the charge port on the Nissan is on the right fender behind the front wheel the Nissan was parked diagonally and taking up 3 spaces. Sharing is fine but I hope this isn't the wave of the future as charging is becoming more popular every space is needed. Tesla drivers have always been courteous, perhaps Tesla should reach out to other companies and make sure their charge ports can be accommodated at Tesla Superchargers.

Akafrank
Now that Tesla is removing the bump stops, could a Nissan pull in forward far enough to allow the cable to reach the charge port? Assuming the charge port is not located too far back on the passenger front side of a vehicle, Tesla vehicles that back in to charge should not be blocked for charging.