Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is @Causalien ? We need him and his crystal ball to come back!
:rolleyes::)

Wow back to watch the realization of the dream, looks like people still remember me...

Unfortunately some members of this forum had access to me through email and has the advantage of the crystal ball against the rest of you guys. I am guessing they made money.

That said... $330 opex last Friday was basically the brokers betting against my massive put sold. Well, they got exercised, good for them... the rest is history.

Now back to my official story when anyone asks. I have started taking the step to diversify my Tesla holdings by 10% per year as a responsible tax strategy.

I predict stock price drop on Monday:

- "production hell" for 6 months
- lowest GM version being delivered first
- 20 of the 50 M3's produced in July to be used for "engineering validation"
- no update to reservation counter

OTOH, I seem to always be wrong calling short term price movements.

EDIT: I got the smaller battery first from the NY Times article. But I see elsewhere it is larger battery first. Anyone know which is correct?

EDIT2: Apparently Elon told the press reservations now exceed 500K

I fear you will be correct this time.

Reactions: STARR X

Agreed.

That was a strange presentation. No premium upgrade? Cost of EAP or FSD? Do they come standard?

No updates to S and X?

Reactions: STARR X

Yeah, nothing really for shareholders. I mean it was all great and in line with expectations but nothing groundbreaking.

The best news I heard via Techmaven via Electrek is they are delivering the higher cost, higher range first. That should goose up the profit margin, which is the right way to weight things.

They are going to sell as many as they can make for a long time to come, and S and X sales are in no danger of declining. Clearly, if you have the money and want performance, you are getting an S. If you have BMW3/A4 money, you are getting the 3. No idea what the stock is doing Monday.

imo elon totally BOMBED this reveal. 220 miles? you cant even beat gm's bolt?

top it off, 44k for 310 miles, 1k for anything other than black, 1500 for non aero (putrid disgusting wheels, btw, just my opinion) wheels, 5k for autopilot, 3k for fsd, 5k for premium, that's 59.5k for top shelf M3.

this is definitely NOT a car for the masses. even with base M3, 35k + autopilot + fsd is 43k!!!! get the 1500 wheel upgrade and another color and you're talking 45.5k. :eek:

(preparing to get raked over the coals)....

this is definitely NOT a car for the masses. even with base M3, 35k + autopilot + fsd is 43k!!!! get the 1500 wheel upgrade and another color and you're talking 45.5k. :eek:

(preparing to get raked over the coals)....

Considering that no other car in the $35k range has autopilot, I don't think it is fair to add another $8k to the price and complain. The base car is $35k before tax credits, and you get a great car for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.