Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But there was no rumor for the news to be sold upon. Adam Jonas just upgraded TSLA and the shorts are rightfully wetting themselves. Up 10 dollars now.

Agree. But using this strategy has worked well for me in the past. When there is a rumor, buy. When there is news, sell. The two events don't have to necessarity coincide. Today would definitely qualify as a news day though and I'd take my profit and use it to buy another day. Since I missed jumping in yesterday and I'm not part of today's party, I'd treat my thoughts for exactly what you paid for them. ;) Would have been nice to have been in as of yesterday though!

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
I think a lot shorts were hanging their hats on Adam Jonas knowing something about a M3 delay. Now that all hope is lost there is really no reason to wait for a pullback before exiting. The losses are still minimal (and explainable in the case of institutional shorts).

• Love
Reactions: BornToFly
I do like the MS note, as does my portfolio, but I smell a cap raise. ;)

I am TOTALLY OK with a cap raise.

I am looking at the timing of this note: right before triple witching option expiry. This is going to move a LOT of money.

Kudos to all ST option holders (calls obviously :rolleyes:). My shortest are June 17 240s. Most options for me are LEAPS.

Last edited:
Most options for me are LEAPS.

My Jan 2018 $200 that I started accumulating last year ITM and then watched go OTM (where I continued to add) are looking quite nice right now...

A cap raise would not totally offend me but I'd much rather see them "go it on their own" and think that would send a much stronger message that they are well on the way...

Reactions: neroden and Muaddid
My Jan 2018 $200 that I started accumulating last year ITM and then watched go OTM (where I continued to add) are looking quite nice right now...

A cap raise would not totally offend me but I'd much rather see them "go it on their own" and think that would send a much stronger message that they are well on the way...

Closing straight calls off by selling deep OTM calls when stock is high has saved my ass more than a couple of times. Take it into consideration as a safety net.

TSLA is simply the hottest stock for 2017 and beyond. i am holding it for the rest of the year and see what happens. i have made enough money in TSLA already to buy a whole fleet of Models S and X yet i drive a 2009 Honda Civic and patiently wait for Model 3 for which i have 3 reservations
i am heavily on margin and have numerous calls and i am not selling a single call or a single share.
i gotta feeling that this stock will make me a fortune this year and beyond
shorts are about to get squeezed super hard

TSLA is simply the hottest stock for 2017 and beyond. i am holding it for the rest of the year and see what happens. i have made enough money in TSLA already to buy a whole fleet of Models S and X yet i drive a 2009 Honda Civic and patiently wait for Model 3 for which i have 3 reservations
i am heavily on margin and have numerous calls and i am not selling a single call or a single share.
i gotta feeling that this stock will make me a fortune this year and beyond
shorts are about to get squeezed super hard

Been there, done that.

Watch out... you seem new around here. Many of us are heavy bulls but listen to more seasoned TSLA traders: you should proceed with caution.

If you don't wan't to sell than at least get some protection (sell deep OTM LEAPS).

Some of us have been riding the TSLA rollercoaster for a while.....we've had our moments of joy. But a lot of blood and tears have been spilled too.

Be careful out there all it takes is a little f*re or a little reca*l or del*y to turn you joy into desperation. Margin and options cut both ways.

Obviously the 236 buy, 239 sell strategy is out. Glad I bought extra shares in the high 235....

Debating setting up some sells in the 248s or just enjoying the show.... think watching the show is where it's at.
Put a stop-loss at $244 and let it ride. This kind of action is exactly why stop-losses are preferable over selling at a specific price.

Status
Not open for further replies.