Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm cautious right now. ER likely will show serious losses. The 3 reveal didn't reveal anything that we didn't already know. Production hell for the next 6 months. I sincerely hope we get some color on the Tesla Energy ramp....really thought that we'd have more information by now. Possible lightening of S sales due to Osbourne Effect will have analysts falling all over each other to bash TSLA.

Long term, super bullish. Short term, cautious. NOT an advice

Long term, super bullish. Short term, cautious. NOT an advice

I'm yet to see someone say anything different. Bears' mouths are watering while Bulls are "cautious." Some have written puts below $300 in hopes to grab shares after tonight's earnings, some are buying puts to protect against the short-term dip while staying long-term "super bullish."

And everyone is ignoring that SP is already 20% below ATH.

Reactions: everman
How come when I ask Elliot Wave questions, everyone runs away?!?....:(
OT/begin
Elliot waves have larger And smaller Elliot waves that seem to ride upon them, at all larger and smaller scales, ad infinitum.

Ie, they seem to me to be confirmatory, not predictive.

"Was that wave x ???, YES! Maybe, I'll know in a while, just a bit more data pls, or it could be....."
OT/end

Some commentary related to shorts.
I view them as largely three kinds, with three different arguments.

4) Bonus: Some people believe that there are oil companies, oil regimes etc. that are short Tesla just to suppress it's stock to make it harder to grow. Personally I think of this as conspiracy theory and don't buy into it. But if you were to believe this theory, these folks might get out ever further out after the third set above (valuation folk).
Riddle me this please.
Set aside conscious conspiracy theory, but more an "unconscious" unease.
In 2015 revenue of 10 largest fossil fuel companies on planet was over $3 trillion, $3,000 Billion.
Think of the planetary fossil fuel industry as an entity. "Doc, I got this tiny cancer of EV's, I need to excise before it grows too big" all at a mostly unconscious level.
EV's need to grow as aggressively as possible to survive and overwhelm and cure the disease of fossil fuel

Riddle me this please.
Set aside conscious conspiracy theory, but more an "unconscious" unease.
In 2015 revenue of 10 largest fossil fuel companies on planet was over $3 trillion, $3,000 Billion.
Think of the planetary fossil fuel industry as an entity. "Doc, I got this tiny cancer of EV's, I need to excise before it grows too big" all at a mostly unconscious level.
EV's need to grow as aggressively as possible to survive and overwhelm and cure the disease of fossil fuel
In 2015 maybe EV was too small on their horizon but looking at the change in OPEC's EV projection in 2016, yes for sure they're waking up to the threat. Too bad though in 2015 oil price was $100/brl, now it's under $50, their profitability probably is 3-5X lower than in 2015, and it's taking increasingly more $ to hold TSLA down

... be patient my very young padawan...
FWIW, padwans are by definition adolescents, thus all are very young.
Exactly my point, be patient...
As for the specific advice, 'longs' if they are really 'longs' are inherently patient. They also will tend to avoid trading on peaks and dips as a general rule.
Otherwise we are, after all, in a Market Action sub-forum, thus become preoccupied with the topic at hand, short term movements. By definition the topic is fraught with emotion. Unchecked emotion is the enemy of The Force IIRC.

I'm yet to see someone say anything different. Bears' mouths are watering while Bulls are "cautious." Some have written puts below $300 in hopes to grab shares after tonight's earnings, some are buying puts to protect against the short-term dip while staying long-term "super bullish."

And everyone is ignoring that SP is already 20% below ATH.
It's probably going to be 40% below ATH before this down cycle is done. New floors has an outsized effect on TSLA normally.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.