Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm cynical, so I'm gonna vote short reloading tomfoolery to have more ammo to use in after hours and tomorrow.

I agree with this.

VA - dark pools are off-market exchanges commonly used by large institutions to buy/sell with less overall effect on the given stock. Trades still get reported, but things like bids and offers in dark pools are obscured.

Got it, so you keep an eye on dark pools trading to estimate what large institutions may be doing vs. retail investors.

There was a call sweeper that scooped up $368k in Friday 325c, around $313.

I'm cynical, so I'm gonna vote short reloading tomfoolery to have more ammo to use in after hours and tomorrow.

VA - dark pools are off-market exchanges commonly used by large institutions to buy/sell with less overall effect on the given stock. Trades still get reported, but things like bids and offers in dark pools are obscured.
Me too. Suspicious here about shorts covering to prepare for another round later. I suppose it could just be shorts covering for the possibility of a big surprise on the ER.

Reactions: elasalle
Given the ATH of the macro market, high expectations for TSLA, and constant bashing of TSLA by specific media, I'm afraid the market psychology for TSLA may become bearish if ER is not *spectacular*, however way you want to interpret that. As a bull, it's safe to just bet long term. Nice articles by the way @ValueAnalyst. Good to see more common sense thinking than just trash talking by some mainstream media.

Given the ATH of the macro market, high expectations for TSLA, and constant bashing of TSLA by specific media, I'm afraid the market psychology for TSLA may become bearish if ER is not *spectacular*, however way you want to interpret that. As a bull, it's safe to just bet long term. Nice articles by the way @ValueAnalyst. Good to see more common sense thinking than just trash talking by some mainstream media.

Thank you. I very much appreciate your kind words.

Uh oh. Methinks some large shorts are getting caught with their pants down. Almost 40k shares bought by dark pools in the last 15 minutes. They're the ones causing these pops!

tsla-buysell-darkpool (4).png

Status
Not open for further replies.