Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a stock price of approximately $1300 by December 2017 and a market cap of $200B temporarily before the stock drops sharply into new year 2018
Rally should last well into December 2017
Short squeeze of epic proportions will occur
Stock price will be detached from reality followed by a sharp vicious correction
for the next 6 months or so longs will make unimaginable profits

I think I just saw your 2018 getaway car.
upload_2017-6-7_13-28-10.png

I remember back in 2013 a lot of people here talked about three days to cover a short position if I remember correctly. Is that still a thing? I mean, do shorts get three days to close their position when they get a margin call? If that is the case, the shorts who got margin calls on Monday and Tuesday are soon running out of time

Reactions: neroden
Currently we are up 0.85% today. If a stock appreciates in value 0.85% every day for a whole year it works out to 229% on a yearly basis. That works for me
Was the disagree because my joke was that bad? :( I was poking fun at Starno's constant share price updates when anyone who can read the forums can just as easily check the share price.

Someone needs to develop a system where by you can connect with an investor.. Lets say E-Egg-O and match his trades. Egg would get a small commission for allowing people to "Ride Along". You could then follow your favorite investors and allocate funds to their strategies. If you develop this, please send me my 2% gross revenue check.. thanks.

• Funny
Reactions: winfield100
Was the disagree because my joke was that bad? :( I was poking fun at Starno's constant share price updates when anyone who can read the forums can just as easily check the share price.

Yeah, sorry. Don't take it personally. I just think it is valuable that people post in this thread when the stock goes up and down, or quote the current price. It is nice when one goes back to read old posts. (Actually, I think it would be a great feature if every post in TMC Investor Discussions could be stamped with the stock price when the post was posted).

And btw, my post you replied to (saying that 0.85% daily gains works out to 229% in a year) is totally wrong. I don't know what kind of math I used to get that result

Yeah, sorry. Don't take it personally. I just think it is valuable that people post in this thread when the stock goes up and down, or quote the current price. It is nice when one goes back to read old posts. (Actually, I think it would be a great feature if every post in TMC Investor Discussions could be stamped with the stock price when the post was posted).

And btw, my post you replied to (saying that 0.85% daily gains works out to 229% in a year) is totally wrong. I don't know what kind of math I used to get that result
I actually love that feature on stocktwits. Going back and reading Bears posts and seeing they said something about the stock collapsing 100% return ago are hilarious.

Reactions: erha
I see a stock price of approximately $1300 by December 2017 and a market cap of $200B temporarily before the stock drops sharply into new year 2018
Rally should last well into December 2017
Short squeeze of epic proportions will occur
Stock price will be detached from reality followed by a sharp vicious correction
for the next 6 months or so longs will make unimaginable profits
I agree that there is high enough chance of this happening, that it is at least worth considering. I definitely don't think it falls in the category of "impossible."

I'm regretting not expanding my margin from 50% to 80% last week and throw it all into TSLA when the price was 20 points lower. Wonder if it's too late.
Who knows? But, people were wondering the same thing when the SP was 40 points below that! So far, the market is continuing to show great support for this uptrend. Using some caution with chasing the stock now is probably wise though

I agree that there is high enough chance of this happening, that it is at least worth considering. I definitely don't think it falls in the category of "impossible."
Right I'm basically just extrapolating what could happen if SP takes off similar to 2013 with short squeeze
In 2013 we went from $40 to $195 in 6 months that is approximately 5 times in 6 months
This time if we go up approximately half of that in 6 months then I'm looking at $660 to $800 very roughly
However if you add the possibility of a parabolic short squeeze similar to 2013 then if SP goes up 4 or 5 times from $330 then you're looking at $1600 stock
This is all extremely unlikely to happen
Most likely scenario is $500 to $600 but the critical factor is the time element
So I'll wait long enough before I sell anything to make sure I don't miss out on any parabolic rise which will come toward the very end of this rally
Every $10 TSLA rises I make at least $350 to $400k profit so I'm not complaining at all
I can wait till the cows come home

Status
Not open for further replies.