Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm regretting not expanding my margin from 50% to 80% last week and throw it all into TSLA when the price was 20 points lower. Wonder if it's too late.

I recall you selling at $186. Not sure when you got back in, but if you don't have the stomach to hold through some downturns I would recommend avoiding margin altogether. It's your life though, so you choose.

Edit: I don't use margin at all but my point is it's a dangerous game especially if you don't tolerate losses well

I recall you selling at $186. Not sure when you got back in, but if you don't have the stomach to hold through some downturns I would recommend avoiding margin altogether. It's your life though, so you choose.

Edit: I don't use margin at all but my point is it's a dangerous game especially if you don't tolerate losses well

I hopped in and out for awhile until I decided to stop caring so much and just stayed in at 237. Currently up 60% since last year, but would have been around 90% if I had just stayed in.

But yeah, I forgot that I decided to stop caring about short term downturn/loss, so I guess I will

Reactions: neroden
Tesla added to Fortune 500?

What happens now?
Fortune 500? You don't get "added" to that; it's just a list of the 500 biggest companies by market capitalization. Tesla's been on it for quite a while. I think you're getting confused with the S&P 500, which Tesla still isn't part of.

If there is a short squeeze then isn't it a game of chicken to see who will hold out the longest? I mean if we all put sell orders for our whole portfolios on $1300, what would happen then?

People crying on this forum about how they missed the top at $1250 when the stock "tanks" back down to $800. And Bear posters laughing at how poorly the stock is doing.

I disagree, I piled into June $370's around the same time, after seeing a substantial strengthening of the bid around 2:45pm. Still strengthening, albeit not as quickly as before.

Okay, slightly more vertical now...

tsla-mp.png

This early afternoon's dip and recovery coincided with a dip (and then a recovery) of the NASDAQ). TSLA is currently about $1 above the upper bollinger band. So far, the patterns we've been seeing are that TSLA is sensitive to drops in the broader market when TSLA is above the upper bb. This is the same pattern we saw yesterday. Also, as the stock rises, so does the upper bb, but TSLA has been seldom closing above the upper bb for more than 2 days in a row before it returns to within the bb (during this climb from 180). With important news, TSLA could run well above the upper bb, but I think we'll continue to see the upper bollinger band tempering TSLA's run ups until the stock has some more headroom to climb without bumping its head on the upper bb. That said, the current trend of SP and upper bb climbing in unison at about $4 per day is something I am quite happy with. Hoping it continues for a while longer.

Edit: Let's see how long TSLA can stay above the upper bb with this end of day rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.