Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaand Elon turns the market action thread into ad-hoc Dante analysis thread :)

I BET he doesn't know all that. The common expression, in my experience, is you say you are in the 9th circle of hell, meaning the worst kind, even if that doesn't make sense based on the book. So he adjusts it up one level. Could be nothing, could be frankly bearish indicator.

But if you are using the story as an analogy of 'production hell' you come out of hell at the end after reaching the 9th circle, having traveled chronologically through it.

• Informative
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
For reference

circles_of_hell.png

Wife pointed out -
Sorcerers: In the middle of the bridge of the Fourth Bolgia, Dante looks down at the souls of fortune tellers, diviners, astrologers, and other false prophets. The punishment of those who attempted to "usurp God's prerogative by prying into the future",[77] is to have their heads twisted around on their bodies; in this horrible contortion of the human form, these sinners are compelled to walk backwards for eternity, blinded by their own tears.

Could also be poking fun at horrible schedule predictions.

perhaps it was Toyota, driving Elon to drink...

Toyota admits ‘Elon Musk is right’ about fuel cell, but moves forward with hydrogen anyway

This kind of stuff is why I consider the other automakers stalling to move to EVs the most underappreciated moat Tesla has. It puts Tesla Auto in position to continue with torrid growth rates for over a decade. I don't see us hitting 50% of the auto market supply being long range EVs until the 2030s. If the Chinese weren't moving to gain from the incumbents avoidance, we probably wouldn't get to 50% until the 2040s. Meanwhile, I see demand tipping to a majority of consumers wanting a long range EV in roughly 5 years time (hence the term and thread, "fractured tipping point moat")
They need to lay off the sake. I hear Scotch is better for making delusions come true. :rolleyes:

For reference

View attachment 256361

Wife pointed out -

Could also be poking fun at horrible schedule predictions.

Thanks for posting this. My guess would be a dual message: 1) we’re in it, but close to through it, 2) a nod to the nature of the deluge of media, “expert”, and would be opposing legal teams depictions of Tesla... fraudulent. Just a playful guess.

Last edited:
  • Love
If reference is to Dante, then 7 circles complete ... 77.77 % of Product Hell completes, 32.33% to go ..
If it is just decimal, then 7/10, i.e. 70% complete
;) if it is 7/100 then just 7% complete ..

I think/hope it is one of 1st two ;)

According to Wikipedia, Dante and Virgil's journey begins on the evening of Good Friday and they make it to the middle of the Eighth Circle at 6:00 or 7:00 am on Saturday.

They do not escape from "1134" until 7:30 pm on Saturday and do not reach the surface until Easter morning. Inferno (Dante) - Wikipedia

So a rough translation may be: they've fixed many of the bottlenecks but the hardest parts are yet to come. "Assume the worst." (Hope for the best)

Last edited:
According to Wikipedia, Dante and Virgil's journey begins on the evening of Good Friday and they make it to the middle of the Eighth Circle at 6:00 or 7:00 am on Saturday.

They do not emerge from "1134" until 7:30 pm on Saturday. Inferno (Dante) - Wikipedia

So call it halfway through time-wise. Aka, they've fixed the easier bottlenecks, with the hardest parts yet to come. "Assume the worst." (Hope for the best)
He first mentioned production hell during customer delivery event. In terms of 6 or more months of getting to 5k per week. That would be the equivalent of getting thru the 9th level of hell in my opinion. Clearly we are no where near that but could be closer / close to cranking up the line and more bullish than suggesting there are still biggie bottlenecks in the way.

Reactions: bdy0627 and EinSV

They do not escape from "1134" until 7:30 pm on Saturday and do not reach the surface until Easter morning. Inferno (Dante) - Wikipedia

So a rough translation may be: they've fixed many of the bottlenecks but the hardest parts are yet to come. "Assume the worst." (Hope for the best)
5k a week by Easter? Doesn't sound so good to me ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.