Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excerpt from today’s MarketWatch article: here’s what to expect from Tesla’s earnings

Revenue: The FactSet revenue consensus is $2.94 billion, which would be down from $2.30 billion in the same quarter last year. Estimize is projecting revenue of $2.97 billion.

Down? How dumb can someone be... ugh

Tesla earnings: Model 3 production, demand under the microscope

SzrD8.jpg

Excerpt from today’s MarketWatch article: here’s what to expect from Tesla’s earnings

Revenue: The FactSet revenue consensus is $2.94 billion, which would be down from $2.30 billion in the same quarter last year. Estimize is projecting revenue of $2.97 billion.

Yep, definitely some very poor arithmetic skills there. At least they weren't dumb enough to title the article that way.

Yep, definitely some very poor arithmetic skills there. At least they weren't dumb enough to title the article that way.

Still see this as more likely a case of trying to dupe people into believing dumb things than "jounalists" thinking dumb things.

Remember, Tesla went so far as to say this publicly about MarketWatch's sister Murdoch publication the WSJ,

"For over a decade, the WSJ has relentlessly attacked Tesla with misleading articles that, with few exceptions, push or exceed the boundaries of journalistic integrity. While it is possible that this article could be an exception, that is extremely unlikely."

Hanlon's razor just doesn't seem applicable when the disruption of a couple of trillion dollar industries is in play.

I disagree, I don't think you party like that with your employees and post in on Instagram while you are in the middle of hell. It would look to terrible when you had to fire two of them a week later. From Ashley Vance's book, I get the impression that while things are going poorly, Elon is very busy putting an extreme level of pressure on his employees to make it right. On the other hand, if you feel that you have just made it through production hell, and are now feeling like a "Band of Brothers," getting drunk and singing about it would be appropriate. We will never know, but I would not be surprised if this video was taken the night of the sloth tweet/ sunset tweet, when Elon was on the roof of the Gigafactory. He might have been sitting on the video until the batteries aged, tested, got assembled into packs, and were on their way to Fremont. I think we are going to get good news on the Model 3 at the earning call.

He’s human. He has a sense of humor and is adventurous. And he has to de-stress like the rest of us. Or don’t you think his employees ever have whiskey and make s’mores when they get an opportunity even while simultaneously being in production hell? That’s rhetorical. Of course they do. The difference is that Elon didn’t go home at the end of the workday, he went to the roof of one of his factories to enjoy the view and to partake in some libations with people he works with and who must clearly be on the friend zone.

This is yet another warning (since others have already mentioned it), don’t read too much into the photo or be prepared to be burned. I’ve seen it happen many times on this forum. It makes me scratch my head every time how some can be such slow learners.

Those are some creative maths. But hey, however you got to spin it to remain a bear is fine by me. If only it had been 2.6B.

Status
Not open for further replies.