Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for providing, thats helpful. I listened to the call and took away "no free charging". Thats what I believe he said.

Quote from your link: Model 3, from the beginning we said free charging is not included in the Model 3 – free unlimited charging is not included, so, free long distance is, but not free local.

I did not pick up on the "... free long distance is". But at least I understand now the confusion.... its a quote that is pretty vague because what is a "long distance charging" and how do you want to determine or even control it. It looks to me like they did not define it really well and thought through but its a contradiction for sure I agree.

Many are able to, but they have chosen not to. Could be for dealership pushback. There have been some serious issues with Tesla's frequent updates also, like the one with sudden loss of power while driving. And some downgrades too, like the counter gate and launch mode power reduction. Teslas were also quite easy to hack. May be still are.

Here is GM ~2 years ago. All GM cars have Onstar connectivity for a long time that does various useful things. They can do it anytime.
Who knows? With all the Tesla pumpers showing up on CNBC and endlessly singing the virtues of OTA updates, as if it is some black magic stuff, may be the other manufacturers will be forced to do it too so they look cool to newbie Wall St auto analysts.
I'm just hopeful that they won't use the OTA as an excuse to release half-baked features, as Tesla has been doing. Just dump unfinished cars and deliver the 'promised features' someday, if ever. ;)

UPDATE 1-GM says will not use 'over-the-air' upgrades on safety systems
10/16: open $346 high $353 close $350
10/17: close $356
10/18: high $363 close $360 (see that... basically equivalent to 10/16 just add $10)
10/19: premarket macro down... $356

They're back!!! :D Infighting was getting boring.

Tesla Announces Date for Third Quarter 2017 Financial Results and Webcast

PALO ALTO, Calif., Oct. 19, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tesla will post its financial results for the third quarter of 2017 after market close on Wednesday, November 1st, 2017. At that time, Tesla will issue a brief advisory containing a link to the Q3 2017 Update Letter, which will be available on the Tesla IR website. Teslamanagement will hold a live question and answer webcast that day at 2:30pm Pacific Time (5:30pm Eastern Time) to discuss the Company's financial and business results and outlook.

What: Date of Tesla Q3 2017 Financial Results and Q&A Webcast
When: Wednesday, November 1st, 2017
Time: 2:30pm Pacific Time / 5:30pm Eastern Time
Shareholder Letter: http://ir.tesla.com
Webcast: http://ir.tesla.com (live and replay)

Fits exactly with the news/rumors yesterday that GM was moving away from Lyft and towards Uber.

Honeymoon's Over? GM Cruise Said To Turn To Uber As Lyft Alliance Cools

Are the battle lines being drawn?

Lyft/Waymo?
Uber/GM?
Tesla?
From that article, this sounds like a love triangle drama filled mess! It doesn't sound like any of those companies have leadership with a strong goal, or sense of the direction they want their company to go. Tesla's self driving may be way behind schedule, but at least they have a clear vision they are working toward.

Reactions: ValueAnalyst
From that article, this sounds like a love triangle drama filled mess! It doesn't sound like any of those companies have leadership with a strong goal, or sense of the direction they want their company to go. Tesla's self driving may be way behind schedule, but at least they have a clear vision they are working toward.
Frenemies.

They're no doubt wrestling over the importance and contribution of hardware vs network and how to divide the revenues, among other things.

VA is right. It's Tesla/Tesla on the other side.

Tesla just needs to prove some tangible progress on FSD AP ... indicating that it is possible to be superhuman with just cameras and one forward radar.

Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Yesterday TSLA was trying to break out of $360, I thought either Goldman Sachs or Consumer Report will do something. Consumer Report usually comes out at the "right" time. GS didn't do anything this time probably because they realized the trash talking from their analyst would be ignored by the market.

Tesla said the prediction by Fisher and his team is wrong and another example of Consumer Reports targeting Tesla with misleading reports.

"Consumer Reports has not yet driven a Model 3, let alone do they know anything substantial about how the Model 3 was designed and engineered," said a Tesla spokesperson. "Time and time again, our own data shows that Consumer Reports' automotive reporting is consistently inaccurate and misleading to consumers."

Billions of dollars profit are involved when the stock breaks out or breaks down, I wouldn't be surprised if someone got corrupted. Actually I would be surprised if they are clean in this case.

Last edited:
more on Boring east coast project
Elon Musk’s Boring Company is starting work on Baltimore-DC underground Hyperloop
boring-company-maryland.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.