Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are we expecting from Earnings/cc

.cap raise? (hope not, and unlikely ...)?
.S/X refresh? (thought with Model 3 in numbers this could happen)
.Update for Tesla Energy
.M3 delivery updates ...

Edit. We have strong Quarter numbers for S/X heading into earnings, so wondering what other surprises could be in store ...

I'd like to know the scope and scale of the Puerto Rico energy project.

I'm thinking that if in fact the delay in ramp-up in Model 3 production is due to specific bottlenecks (Tesla having to produce certain parts themselves as they wait for suppliers), then there shouldn't be anything stopping them from increasing the speed of the rest of the line in the meantime. This would mean the S-curve is delayed and steepened, not shifted. I have a feeling Tesla might still be on track for 5k/wk production by the end of the year, and that all that all that has happened is they've produced fewer cars when they were going to be producing very few anyway.

The "Gartner Hype Cycle" embedded in this article is quite informative.

Checkout where Deep Learning, Machine Learning and Autonomous Vehicles are in the chart.

Wall Street’s Robots Still Have a Lot to Learn About Being a Human Trader

Obviously it would be difficult to write a program to match the human ability to make loose connections which is both the source of creativity and madness. Will machines learn this on their own? If so, do we dare risk building them, like the temptation of a flower for an insect about to be flytrapped. Speaking of loose connections, the solution may be to teach computers how to dream as suggested already in science fiction. When will they learn that for themselves? We already know, or think we do, what happens in the stages of our sleep. Maybe all computers will need is some sleepy time?:rolleyes:

Edit: Maybe all we can do is keep them busy, like a nanny with a child or a minder with an idiot or a jailor with a homicidal serial killer. Speaking of serial killers, democracies have elected a few.

Obviously it would be difficult to write a program to match the human ability to make loose connections which is both the source of creativity and madness. Will machines learn this on their own? If so, do we dare risk building them, like the temptation of a flower for an insect about to be flytrapped. Speaking of loose connections, the solution may be to teach computers how to dream as suggested already in science fiction. When will they learn that for themselves? We already know, or think we do, what happens in the stages of our sleep. Maybe all computers will need is some sleepy time?:rolleyes:
The program all ready exists, the second version of deepmind learned Go by playing itself instead of learning from players.
This More Powerful Version of AlphaGo Learns On Its Own

The program all ready exists, the second version of deepmind learned Go by playing itself instead of learning from players.
This More Powerful Version of AlphaGo Learns On Its Own

Did it know when to break the rules, to cheat, for example, and invent a new game as creative people do, like Einstein or Trump? Or Kennedy, too, who used the primary process for the first time to successfully beat the smoked filled rooms of the party bosses? I think that's the survival benefit of sleep, an unconscious way of calculating the odds without the penalty of risky action when awake. I would give computers today at least the emotional equipment of a dog. (Hope the NSA computer in the sky gets this affectionate joke. I like dogs. Just covering my ass, as usual.)

Consumer Reports Responds to Tesla’s Complaints on Reporting, Research and Reviews

I think, Elon is really pissed that CR generously awarded yet to be produced Model 3 an average rating, while Tesla as whole is placed 21st out of 27 and Model X got 'the least reliable' title. Elon and his sales force is all out anti-selling M3, pushing the M3 folks over to MS and MX. And here comes CR, ranking a non-existent M3 ahead of both higher priced models! :( Shame on CR.

Interesting take on OTA updates; pretty much what I said earlier.
CR said:
Thanks to technological advances such as product changes delivered by an over-the-air software update and thereby adding or subtracting features, we reevaluate products to inform consumers about what to expect after any update. These changes are then reflected in our ratings. Tesla frequently updates its software in just this way, which is relatively unique in the automotive market, often resulting in material changes to its products and therefore our ratings – both positively and negatively.

Last edited:
Consumer Reports Responds to Tesla’s Complaints on Reporting, Research and Reviews

I think, Elon is really pissed that CR generously awarded yet to be produced Model 3 an average rating, while Tesla as whole is placed 21st out of 27 and Model X got 'the least reliable' title. Elon and his sales force is all out anti-selling M3, pushing the M3 folks over to MS and MX. And here comes CR, ranking a non-existent M3 ahead of both higher priced models! :( Shame on CR.

Ya shame on CR. Ever since Model S broke their rating system, they lost their other revenue streams(likely??) and adjusted - since then they have never been the same ...

How can you give a review without even using it - atleast go watch the Russian video ...

Did it know when to break the rules, to cheat, for example, and invent a new game as creative people do, like Einstein or Trump? Or Kennedy, too, who used the primary process for the first time to successfully beat the smoked filled rooms of the party bosses? I think that's the survival benefit of sleep, an unconscious way of calculating the odds without the penalty of risky action when awake. I would give computers today at least the emotional equipment of a dog. (Hope the NSA computer in the sky gets this affectionate joke. I like dogs. Just covering my ass, as usual.)
That will be google's third AI engine: superficialmind, it's going to start by making friends with Tay from microsoft...

Status
Not open for further replies.