Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Business Insider came out with some new Tesla love: It looks like the state of California is bailing out Tesla.

Quote:
How will the funds be extracted from taxpayers? California’s Cap and Trade has already been short-listed. Senator Vidak, whose district is beautifully gerrymandered from Fresno to around but not including Bakersfield, put it this way:

“Now the state appears to be in the business of subsidizing a billionaire’s company (Tesla) and millionaires who want to buy these boutique electric cars. In my backyard, where I live, people are very, very poor, and they are already paying into Cap and Trade. If Cap and Trade continues to go forward, that could add another 40 cents, 45 cents, maybe more to the cost of a gallon of gasoline, for those folks… [who] are still not going to be able to afford these $70,000+ cars.”

“Electric car companies are having trouble making it in the market-place without heavy government subsidies. So they propose this law to not only boost their sales but also to ace-out their competition. The Legislature is once again picking winners and losers in what is supposed to be a free-market.”

Business Insider came out with some new Tesla love: It looks like the state of California is bailing out Tesla.

Quote:
How will the funds be extracted from taxpayers? California’s Cap and Trade has already been short-listed. Senator Vidak, whose district is beautifully gerrymandered from Fresno to around but not including Bakersfield, put it this way:

“Now the state appears to be in the business of subsidizing a billionaire’s company (Tesla) and millionaires who want to buy these boutique electric cars. In my backyard, where I live, people are very, very poor, and they are already paying into Cap and Trade. If Cap and Trade continues to go forward, that could add another 40 cents, 45 cents, maybe more to the cost of a gallon of gasoline, for those folks… [who] are still not going to be able to afford these $70,000+ cars.”

“Electric car companies are having trouble making it in the market-place without heavy government subsidies. So they propose this law to not only boost their sales but also to ace-out their competition. The Legislature is once again picking winners and losers in what is supposed to be a free-market.”
Senator Vidak sure nailed the situation. Gas prices are going up like crazy these days thanks to Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden and Lessmog
So, this was interesting. I was out getting some fishing in in Silverthorne Colorado (and yes, I did catch a few). As usual, I swung by the supercharger to see if anyone was there. As I got close, I noticed a car charging under wraps. I got super excited thinking I caught my 1st 3.

But no, it wasn't a 3. The left corner of the cover was up and it was clearly badged as a Model S. The cover itself was branded Tesla. Plates were still obscured though. Either Tesla sells branded full covers to people, or it was a test car of some sorts. Maybe hiding an interior refresh?

Edit* this was just a touch after 2PM today. There were a few others there charging. Maybe they got a closer look and will chime in?

Multiple factors are pointing towards the event tomorrow being a two part event. I'm going to guess that the first part of the event unveils new interior and other changes to S/X while the second part of the event is the main show with M3 unveiling.

Makes sense to avoid potential Osborning of the S/X.

I expect a refresh to the S & X soon, but not tomorrow. I don't think they want to steal any thunder from the 3, despite the underselling.

I expect a refresh to the S & X soon, but not tomorrow. I don't think they want to steal any thunder from the 3, despite the underselling.
I've been horribly out of the loop lately, so have no actual facts, but my guess would be
1. on-stage and video presentation of M3
2. opportunity for attendees to take a ride in the production M3.
Doubtful much info on other models or divisions of Tesla before Q2 ER next week.

Edit: That was supposed to be a reply to LargeHam:

Multiple factors are pointing towards the event tomorrow being a two part event. I'm going to guess that the first part of the event unveils new interior and other changes to S/X while the second part of the event is the main show with M3 unveiling.

I used a different computer. I couldn't get the sheet to cooperate in flipping around the data. I can see if I can get it to cooperate. Until, then, I added some more cars. (It becomes more speculative as we move beyond 2017, but for the most part, it should be in the ballpark.)

View attachment 237998

Would any of you mind sharing this data in a google sheet? I'd like to play with the visualizations also.

Reactions: 22522
So, this was interesting. I was out getting some fishing in in Silverthorne Colorado (and yes, I did catch a few). As usual, I swung by the supercharger to see if anyone was there. As I got close, I noticed a car charging under wraps. I got super excited thinking I caught my 1st 3.

But no, it wasn't a 3. The left corner of the cover was up and it was clearly badged as a Model S. The cover itself was branded Tesla. Plates were still obscured though. Either Tesla sells branded full covers to people, or it was a test car of some sorts. Maybe hiding an interior refresh?

Edit* this was just a touch after 2PM today. There were a few others there charging. Maybe they got a closer look and will chime in?

Like this ;

tesla car cover - Google Search:

I think this is exactly correct. The Model S and X are getting an interior refresh (to include the new shift stalk seen in the newly updated manual), along with the Model 3 delivery.

Edit: There is a lot of merit to the idea that they don't want to steal the M3 thunder, but on the other hand, they've got a super huge audience to blast out some free advertising for their (readily available) Model S and X. Why not drive demand for free as the world beats a path to your door?

Reactions: LargeHamCollider
Status
Not open for further replies.