Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh No cabin heat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what parts my 2016 Model S refresh takes when ordering replacement parts. My heater just broke and I don’t wanna tow my Tesla 350 km to the nearest service center. It’s to risky to drive to the appointment becuase the highway will have snow and I want be able to defrost my windshield to see. Does this model take the 2012-2016 style parts and are all the parts located in the same area?

Seat heaters…

I drove my Model 3 in the early winter with out cabin heating. I drove 365 kilometers and my feet were nearly iced.

What happened was I had Tesla replace the windshield and the camera was not reconnected fully. That circuit stopped the cabin heater from working, Mobile Service visited and fixed it within a week or so.

But seat heaters worked and I could drive the car. I recommend warmer boots than I had and microfiber towels to occasionally pull over and dry the inside of the windshield in case it fogs up. Daytime driving recommended as well.

Get a service appointment before you go.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know what parts my 2016 Model S refresh takes when ordering replacement parts. My heater just broke and I don’t wanna tow my Tesla 350 km to the nearest service center. It’s to risky to drive to the appointment becuase the highway will have snow and I want be able to defrost my windshield to see. Does this model take the 2012-2016 style parts and are all the parts located in the same area?
Been so hot here, I’m really jealous you need the heater.

Upvote 0