Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 First Hawaiian International Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Article in the Advertiser today about the Mirai which will be at the Auto Show..Can't believe how expensive it is! And it's soooooooooooooooo slow :) Here are the specs from the article and you tube video.

Toyota displays the new Mirai hydrogen car - YouTube

TOYOTA MIRAI FCV (FUEL-CELL VEHICLE)
>> Price: Starting from $57,500
>> Lease: $3,649 at lease signing and $499 for 36 months
>> Power: 153 horsepower, 247 foot-pounds torque
>> Acceleration: 0 to 60 in 9 seconds
>> Range: Up to 300 miles per fill
>> Refueling time: About 5 minutes
>> Colors: Nautical Blue Metallic, Crystal White, Elemental Silver, Celestial Black
>> Availability: Coming to Hawaii in mid-2016

Last edited:
Article in the Advertiser today about the Mirai which will be at the Auto Show..Can't believe how expensive it is! And it's soooooooooooooooo slow :) Here are the specs from the article and you tube video.

Toyota displays the new Mirai hydrogen car - YouTube

TOYOTA MIRAI FCV (FUEL-CELL VEHICLE)
>> Price: Starting from $57,500
>> Lease: $3,649 at lease signing and $499 for 36 months
>> Power: 153 horsepower, 247 foot-pounds torque
>> Acceleration: 0 to 60 in 9 seconds
>> Range: Up to 300 miles per fill
>> Refueling time: About 5 minutes
>> Colors: Nautical Blue Metallic, Crystal White, Elemental Silver, Celestial Black
>> Availability: Coming to Hawaii in mid-2016

It is funny that you mentioned this. I just finished sending off an email to Erika Engle ([email protected]). I wanted to let her know that Tesla will have a booth there.

Am planning on going Friday night instead of Saturday now...see you there!
Stopped by 1st Hawaiian bank and picked up some more discount coupons if anyone is looking for one. (Free Friday or 2 adult tickets for $8) PM or call.
I may stop in on Friday PM and then go for a longer look on Saturday.
did anyone find out if they are doing any test drives at the show? Nanimac wants to do another test drive. they usually have dealer test drives in front of the Convention center. it would be nice to see a MS in the mix this year.

and I will try to remember my Hawaii tesla Motors club badge so people don't keep asking if I work for Tesla:cursing::wink::love:

Last edited:
Stopped by 1st Hawaiian bank and picked up some more discount coupons if anyone is looking for one. (Free Friday or 2 adult tickets for $8) PM or call.
I may stop in on Friday PM and then go for a longer look on Saturday.
did anyone find out if they are doing any test drives at the show? Nanimac wants to do another test drive. they usually have dealer test drives in front of the Convention center. it would be nice to see a MS in the mix this year.

and I will try to remember my Hawaii tesla Motors club badge so people don't keep asking if I work for Tesla:cursing::wink::love:

I'm going to test drive the D all the way home to my garage :tongue:

It is funny that you mentioned this. I just finished sending off an email to Erika Engle ([email protected]). I wanted to let her know that Tesla will have a booth there.

Yay drtko147! Article about Tesla in the Advertiser today! First paragraph only is about Tesla though....lol..You have to be a subscriber so here's the text if you're not.

Tesla Motors will make its first appearance at this year's First Hawaiian International Auto Show.

Tesla has impressed since the 2008 debut of its all-electric, 288-horsepower Roadster, its lower-priced and very popular Model S, and recently, its 691-horsepower P85D, which goes from zero to 60 in 3.2 seconds and has a top speed of 155 miles per hour. Its range of 253 miles is slightly less than the 265-mile range of the 85 kilowatt-hour Model S.

The auto show will be held Friday through Sunday at the Hawai'i Convention Center. Returning will be Buick/GMC after a few years' absence.
The no-pressure, nonsales environment will feature manufacturers' 2015 and some 2016 models, demonstrations of advanced technological features of the various vehicles, and more.
Exhibits include a preview of the Toyota Mirai -- the first consumer-market hydrogen fuel cell vehicle to be displayed at the auto show.
Gear-heads also may enjoy a classic car display that will include a 1931 Packard 840 D/C Phaeton, a chrome-covered car often referred to as "The Monopoly Car."
As is auto show tradition, the multimillion dollar exotic vehicle display will provide showgoers with automotive eye candy, including the nearly $400,000 Lamborghini Aventador and other high-end selections from Ferrari, Bentley and Maserati.
In addition to the new, classic and exotic vehicles on display, the auto show provides local car clubs the opportunity for members to put their best rides forward.
Some dealers will offer test-drives of new vehicles during daylight hours, and the first 500 people to participate will receive vouchers for free Papa John's pizza.
The show is presented by the Hawaii Automobile Dealers Association and is produced by Motor Trend Auto Shows.

Yay drtko147! Article about Tesla in the Advertiser today! First paragraph only is about Tesla though....lol..You have to be a subscriber so here's the text if you're not.

Tesla Motors will make its first appearance at this year's First Hawaiian International Auto Show.

Tesla has impressed since the 2008 debut of its all-electric, 288-horsepower Roadster, its lower-priced and very popular Model S, and recently, its 691-horsepower P85D, which goes from zero to 60 in 3.2 seconds and has a top speed of 155 miles per hour. Its range of 253 miles is slightly less than the 265-mile range of the 85 kilowatt-hour Model S.

The auto show will be held Friday through Sunday at the Hawai'i Convention Center. Returning will be Buick/GMC after a few years' absence.
The no-pressure, nonsales environment will feature manufacturers' 2015 and some 2016 models, demonstrations of advanced technological features of the various vehicles, and more.
Exhibits include a preview of the Toyota Mirai -- the first consumer-market hydrogen fuel cell vehicle to be displayed at the auto show.
Gear-heads also may enjoy a classic car display that will include a 1931 Packard 840 D/C Phaeton, a chrome-covered car often referred to as "The Monopoly Car."
As is auto show tradition, the multimillion dollar exotic vehicle display will provide showgoers with automotive eye candy, including the nearly $400,000 Lamborghini Aventador and other high-end selections from Ferrari, Bentley and Maserati.
In addition to the new, classic and exotic vehicles on display, the auto show provides local car clubs the opportunity for members to put their best rides forward.
Some dealers will offer test-drives of new vehicles during daylight hours, and the first 500 people to participate will receive vouchers for free Papa John's pizza.
The show is presented by the Hawaii Automobile Dealers Association and is produced by Motor Trend Auto Shows.

Thanks for showing this. All I emailed her was that Tesla would have a booth at the show. We then start to talk about her sister-in-law who is a former medical assistant of mine. It was a nice conversation by email. I did tell her that I was not a representative of Tesla and that I was just a proud owner of the Model S. I did pass on the information to the sales team at Tesla for any further information.

Thanks for showing this. All I emailed her was that Tesla would have a booth at the show. We then start to talk about her sister-in-law who is a former medical assistant of mine. It was a nice conversation by email. I did tell her that I was not a representative of Tesla and that I was just a proud owner of the Model S. I did pass on the information to the sales team at Tesla for any further information.

Tesla is probably the only car brand that has a built-in sales force with its owners!

The Tesla booth is definitely the most popular booth here! P85D test drives going on too outside!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426311068.365903.jpg

Last edited:
The Tesla booth is definitely the most popular booth here! View attachment 74775

Yes, it is. Folks - go to the show. Go to the show, if for no other reason than to see all the people flocking around the single red Tesla. I was there about 6 hours today. There was about 20-30 people looking and asking questions about Tesla all the time. The local sales team was busy every minute. The sales team has a P85D there for people to test drive. You can spot those people when they come back. Their smiles sticks out about 6 inches on each side past their own faces. When we asked them how it was; we get a buggy eyed look of awakening and either OMG or WOW !