Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2010 Non-Sport Roadster 2.5 Model For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wednesday bump because its my favorite car, one that will be the one that got away. If your around at the end of sept I'm driving throught the state on I-95 and would love to see it in the flesh.
I am confused. I-95 is along the East Coast where Daniel is on Washington State, the other side of the country. Now if you ever travel up I-77, I-81, I-26 or I-75 I could likely meet you with my Roadster in NE Tennessee. Dropbox - 2008_Roadster - Simplify your life

Lol, the car I’m buying is in Anacortes, and I’m traveling through Spokane to get to one of my charging stations in Coeur d’Alene on my way to Toronto.
I got a little confused as I’m usually travelling south to Florida in I-95. I’ll be taking the I-90 across to Illinois.

Thanks.

And I'll add here, make me an offer. I like the Model 3 so much that I have not driven the Roadster since I got the 3, and it seems a shame for it to just sit in the garage. Beautiful car and loads of fun to drive. But I turned 70 a couple of months ago, and it's time for me to move on.

Update.

I'm leaving for Maui in a few days and I'll be there for the winter. If someone wants to buy the Roadster before I get back, it might be possible to arrange something. I suppose for $65K I'd fly back and manage the transfer. But, even though this was my daily driver for seven years, winter and summer, I think most people would see it as a summer car. So I'll be trying to sell it again in the spring. I don't know how active I'll be on the boards while I'm away, but a PM will still reach me if someone wants the car before then. Otherwise my plan is to put it back on eBay, this time with a high opening bid and no reserve price. I'm thinking I might (no promises!) put a starting bid of $50K. I really think it's worth a lot more than that, but it doesn't look as though anyone is willing to pay that, and better it have a good home than sit unused in my garage. It will be in the garage and plugged in while I'm away, as always. I'll have someone looking in on the house from time to time and among other things they'll make sure the power is on.

I got another call today from someone wanting me to let her "market" the car. This one wanted double what others have asked. $600 to market the car for me. She claimed a 95% success rate selling cars in this class, but was not willing to make her fee contingent on the sale. They all talk about what great success they have at selling cars, but none of them is willing to put their money where their mouth is. This one opened with a line that made it sound like she worked for eBay, but on further questioning, her only affiliation with eBay is as a commercial seller.

It's been listed on Autotrader since I got the Model 3 in the spring. The only responses I've gotten from the Autotrader listing are scammers who want me to pay them, usually $300 but the most recent wanted $600 to "market" the car for me. They wax eloquent on how great their methods are and how high their success rate is, but none of them is willing to make their fee contingent on actually finding me a buyer. One promised he could get me more than my asking price (which was $75K when I first listed it) but when I told him that if he really thought he could sell the car for more than my asking price, he should just buy the car from me, sell it for more, and pocket the difference, he insisted he "couldn't" because illogical reasons.

It's still on Autotrader because their deal was it's listed until it sells or I withdraw the listing. But Autotrader is worthless.

I just got back from Maui yesterday. I bought a house there and I'm back in Spokane only to clear out my house here so that it can go on the market to sell. And so I'm making one last attempt to sell the Roadster. If I cannot sell it, I'll ship it to Maui, where it will be a lot of fun to drive, but I don't really want two cars, and the Model 3 is much more practical, and is safer since it drives itself, mostly.

So I have listed the Roadster again on eBay. Search for "2010 Tesla Roadster Non-sport" on eBay if you are interested. For this final attempt to sell it I've reluctantly lowered my minimum price. The minimum bid is $50,000 and there is no reserve. Because I want to return to Maui as soon as possible, I'm requiring a certified check from the winning bidder within 7 days of the close of the auction, and that they pick up the car within ten days of the close of the auction.

Here's your last chance to buy this beautiful car before I take it to Maui.

ETA: If you are unsure that you're looking at the right listing on eBay, my user name there is dakota_wobblie, from back when I lived in N.D.

I just got back from Maui yesterday. I bought a house there and I'm back in Spokane only to clear out my house here so that it can go on the market to sell. And so I'm making one last attempt to sell the Roadster. If I cannot sell it, I'll ship it to Maui, where it will be a lot of fun to drive, but I don't really want two cars, and the Model 3 is much more practical, and is safer since it drives itself, mostly.

So I have listed the Roadster again on eBay. Search for "2010 Tesla Roadster Non-sport" on eBay if you are interested. For this final attempt to sell it I've reluctantly lowered my minimum price. The minimum bid is $50,000 and there is no reserve. Because I want to return to Maui as soon as possible, I'm requiring a certified check from the winning bidder within 7 days of the close of the auction, and that they pick up the car within ten days of the close of the auction.

Here's your last chance to buy this beautiful car before I take it to Maui.

ETA: If you are unsure that you're looking at the right listing on eBay, my user name there is dakota_wobblie, from back when I lived in N.D.

this one: 2010 Tesla Roadster Non-sport | eBay

That’s a steal, good luck and I hope you sell it hastle free

The minimum bid is indeed a steal. I'll take that for it, but I'm hoping it gets bid up a bit more at least.

Bring in to Maui and put it up on Turo. I'm sure people would love to rent it while on vacation. I have a timeshare there and go every year. I've always wished I could have my Roadster while I was there.

If I cannot sell it, I will take it to Maui, and if I take it to Maui I'll put it on Turo. But the absence of convenient charging there means that a renter could only keep it for a couple of hundred miles at a time before they'd have to bring it back and have me charge it. Charging it won't cost me anything because I'm going to have solar, with plenty of capacity, but it will take all day to charge completely. Maybe two days, depending on my system's output and the cloud cover when it needs charging. This is assuming that my system can handle 240 v. output.

I'd much rather sell it and not have to worry about it.

Hey, you could buy it and keep it at your timeshare. :)

If I cannot sell it, I will take it to Maui, and if I take it to Maui I'll put it on Turo. But the absence of convenient charging there means that a renter could only keep it for a couple of hundred miles at a time before they'd have to bring it back and have me charge it. Charging it won't cost me anything because I'm going to have solar, with plenty of capacity, but it will take all day to charge completely. Maybe two days, depending on my system's output and the cloud cover when it needs charging. This is assuming that my system can handle 240 v. output.

I'd much rather sell it and not have to worry about it.

Hey, you could buy it and keep it at your timeshare. :)

There are plenty of J1772 charging options on Maui (just look on Plugshare.com). Just make sure you have the J1772 to Roadster adapter (or Henry Sharp's CAN) available and renting it will be a breeze.

There are plenty of J1772 charging options on Maui (just look on Plugshare.com). Just make sure you have the J1772 to Roadster adapter (or Henry Sharp's CAN) available and renting it will be a breeze.

Thanks. That's good to know. But J1772 is still kind of slow. Anyway, shipping the car to Maui is a last resort. So it will be nice if I can rent it out, but that's not part of my decision. I really would rather not have two cars there.