Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2010 Non-Sport Roadster 2.5 Model For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Roadster is no longer for sale. I got a call from someone who offered me $50K who can pay and have the car picked up within the week. I was hoping to get more, but there were no bids after a day on eBay, and this will help me get finished here and back to Maui all the sooner. I'm glad I won't have to take the car with me because I really didn't want two cars, and this way the car will get a home where it will be enjoyed, rather than just sitting idle. It's a lot less money than I was hoping to get, but it's one less worry. $50K was the best offer I got last time it was on eBay, so who knows, maybe that's all the market will bear these days.

Thanks. I'll be sad to see the Roadster go, but in the half year between getting the Model 3 and leaving for Maui, I never drove the Roadster. So the time has come for it to be passed along to someone who will enjoy it as much as I did for the seven years when it was my daily driver.

The wire of money for the car arrived in my bank account. So it is now officially sold. The buyer will have a truck pick it up soon. The sadness of seeing it go is greatly mitigated by the fact that I have not driven it for a year, since I got the Model 3, and by the fact that I really didn't want two cars in Maui.

The wire of money for the car arrived in my bank account. So it is now officially sold. The buyer will have a truck pick it up soon. The sadness of seeing it go is greatly mitigated by the fact that I have not driven it for a year, since I got the Model 3, and by the fact that I really didn't want two cars in Maui.
Plus, you know, $50k...:)

Which is $25K less than I really thought it should have been worth, and folks upthread agreed with that. :( But at least it's one less thing I have to hassle about, and the buyer is making all the arrangements for transportation. Now I just have to ship one car to Maui.

True, true. Sorry, you weren't able to get closer to the usual price. Best wishes on the move and new location!

As roadsters go this one was a premium vehicle. If I could have converted it I would have run over that deer in an orange roadster rather than a yellow one. I really with I had got to see it in the flesh. I may be your cars no.1 fan. in a few years who knows??? it's the one that got away

True, true. Sorry, you weren't able to get closer to the usual price. Best wishes on the move and new location!

Although I think that 75K is what it is worth, I doubt it's "the usual price." It was listed for a year and never got a better offer. Remember that it's a non-Sport and has minimal options. Just the leather interior, the Alpine "infotainment" system, and the color. It's the best color by far. Red and Yellow don't even come close, and forget about white or black. But the color doesn't seem to do much for the market value. There's only 0.2 seconds between the 0-60 of the Sport and the non-Sport, but that seems to affect market value more than I'd expect. And of course, a P100D Model S will leave even a Sport Roadster in the dust. The crazy thing is that even a P3D is quicker than a Sport Roadster. (Part of me wants to trade up my RWD3 for a P3D, but that seems just wrong for Maui.)

As roadsters go this one was a premium vehicle. If I could have converted it I would have run over that deer in an orange roadster rather than a yellow one. I really with I had got to see it in the flesh. I may be your cars no.1 fan. in a few years who knows??? it's the one that got away

FWIW, the buyer was Current Automotive in Illinois. I'm sure he won't mind my posting that fact, because he will, I assume, be offering the car for sale. Presumably having it on a car lot where people can test drive it will help. He told me he expects to get 59K for it, a reasonable mark-up considering that he's paying to ship it there from here. I also think he won't mind my posting the fact, because anybody reading this will know that is this car if they see his ad. So, the car has not really "gotten away" yet. It will just be for sale in a different location, from a dealer who might (???) sell it with some sort of warranty.

If he does sell it for 59K it will justify my decision to sell it to him for 50K, since sell-to-dealer price is always less than buy-from-dealer price. I will feel cheated if he gets 75K for it. But from talking to him, he sounded like a straight-up kind of guy. And anyway it's all water under the bridge at this point. For me, anyway. For someone else, the opportunity remains to get this really amazing car. In the grand scheme of this whole process (moving to Maui, buying a house there and putting solar on it, selling my house here, selling one car and shipping another, shipping other stuff) selling the Roadster could have been a large PITA for a small return above what I actually got. I'm happy with how it went. Still have a mountain of work to get this house ready to sell.

Anybody reading this, if you come to Maui (after I get back there) I'll take you out paddling an outrigger canoe as my guest. Just PM me when you get there. I go out paddling most mornings. We don't go out if it's too windy or too rough, but that doesn't happen often. Check-in is at 6:45 a.m., canoes are on the water by 7:30, and usually stay out for an hour. From January to some time in March there's a pretty good chance of seeing whales.

Reactions: MIT_S60 and mongo
I see that my Roadster is still listed on Current Automotive's web site. He's lowered the price from $65K to $64K. I have no regrets. I loved driving that car for the seven years that it was my daily driver, and it was time to switch to the more practical, much more comfortable, Model 3 with EAP. I suppose he'll keep lowering the price until somebody grabs it. I'm very curious to see what it eventually goes for.

Reactions: X.l.r.8