Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#1400 takes a hit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It really hurts to see this, as the car is such a near-twin of my own white 2.5. . . and I'm just down the road a piece here in central Texas. . . and just got mine out of the repair shop a few weeks ago. . . So I've been there, although my car wasn't busted up nearly so much. I have some idea how sick you must feel about it.

sorry to see this... hope you are OK, and the car can get back on the road soon...

as for insurance card... YOU are insured by your insurance company. They have the obligation to get cost recovery from the other person. So, just don't let them "total" the car and make sure they repair it to your satisfaction.

This is devastating news...and a tragedy to the DFW Roadster community. Sending positive thoughts your way! Hopefully #1400 can be back on the road soon!

Agreed-- us North Texas Roadster owners gotta stick together. That being said, are you R.W.? Or are you the guy I've never met who lives in the R.C.?

If you're not R.W., you ought to join the DFW Tesla owner's google group.

Either way, so sorry about your car.

Yep, just spoke. They totaled the car. Now it's about finding the value of the car and the price they quoted me for a 3 year old car with a great CAC seems LOW.

Have no experience with this and this is all under my uninsured motorist. BLAH

Keep your chin up...ask for the math behind why they feel that the car is a w/o...if their initial (pre accident) value of the car is too low, a more "realistic" initial valuation may prove that the car is in fact (economically) repairable.

Also, ask for an inventory of the parts that need to be replaced...I think the odds are, the adjuster may have only sourced out new parts from Tesla (higher total repair cost)...if decent used parts are available from someone else's written off Roadster, then factoring in the lesser repair costs using the used parts might also help your car from being a w/o.

The fact that the uninsured portion of your policy will be funding this loss should have no bearing other than you may have to "eat" your collision deductible (Ontario, Canada rules).

Good luck, and I hope you get some good news!

Yep, just spoke. They totaled the car. Now it's about finding the value of the car and the price they quoted me for a 3 year old car with a great CAC seems LOW.

Have no experience with this and this is all under my uninsured motorist. BLAH