Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke FTW, at least this time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 22 S Plaid with the yoke - loving everything about the car so far, but I do share the common concerns about the buttons on the yoke. After this experience I guess I owe the yoke one.

Yesterday I was turning right at a yield sign onto a 2 lane mini highway. Instead of turning into the first lane, I went wide to the second lane to go around a slower driver, but I did not accelerate fast at all. Well, I guess I hadn’t noticed the cop right behind me, who immediately pulled me over - for not signaling to change lanes into the second lane.

Officer was young and very nice, and I was very respectful. He explained that he pulled me over for failing to signal to shift into the far lane (maybe a bit ticky-tack) and asked for my license. While I was getting it, I showed him the yoke, explained I just bought this car, and I can’t get used to the crazy buttons for the signals. I showed him how it works, then he wanted to see all the cameras, and he was pretty impressed with all the tech and seeing himself on the screen while standing next to my car. I told him it was quite an adjustment to figure out how to best use the buttons and create the muscle memory, and I must have just missed it this time.

He went back to his car, ran my info, and came back with only a warning. He said that even though everything looks cool in my car, he would probably miss the signal every time himself, and just asked me to be a little more careful next time.

Glad I got a warning, and happy the yoke saved my bacon this time. 😜