Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my Model X totaled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got hit by a pickup truck on the driver's door (pictures attached). Fortunately no one was seriously hurt - we just got a few scratches and soreness. The tow truck had to somehow straighten the front wheels before towing (they were facing left as this happened during a turn) - I have no idea how, not even sure if there's a way to do that without damaging the car further. Both left side airbags opened (both front and rear) and the car shut down the battery automatically - within a few minutes all doors/windows/electronics stopped working (I assume the 12V lasted for a few minutes and turned off without being fed by the main battery).

As you can see in the pictures the front left side is hit pretty badly, the driver's door is totally wrecked. There is also a crack on the rear left window.

In addition, the front right tire was pierced and firefighters had to break the rear right window to take the carseat out of the car so we could safely put the baby in a police car to leave after the accident.

I'm waiting to hear back from a Geico adjuster, but it'll take a couple more days. I can't wait though - really curious if this is likely to be a total loss? I really do hope that's the case because I wouldn't want to drive this car anymore after such a damage and having airbags opened.

Attachments

• BA26121C-8C53-4F15-832A-B31AEF868FBE.jpg
    BA26121C-8C53-4F15-832A-B31AEF868FBE.jpg
    946.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5967.jpg
    IMG_5967.jpg
    770 KB · Views: 46
Does not seem totaled to me if it was just the two side air bags and the two doors. If the A pillar was damaged or the lower area of the car around the battery then it is a goner. Also if the wait time for parts is several months then it may be totaled just due to the time.
Did the insurance company get back to you yet?