Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Possibly Totaled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think this is totaled? Front left tire took impact and broke the control arm. Rear got hit and that wheel may be bent I can’t tell. Right side fender also has damage. Some damage to front bumper. PPF rider on the policy for $6000. I think every panel would need to be painted except for trunk and right side passenger doors / quarter panel. Another car struck the front wheel then spin and hit the left rear, then the car went up an embankment hitting two 4x4 posts. 7k miles
IMG_0532.jpeg
IMG_0533.jpeg
IMG_0534.jpeg
IMG_0531.jpeg

As an unofficial adjuster of attitudes, I’d say, start picking a new car.
Not sure.
  • The car is pretty beat up, but the air bags didn’t go off.
  • Doesn’t appear to be any battery damage.
  • Limited pictures, but I don’t see any wrinkles in the skin.
  • The entire front is replaceable parts, often used parts at that.
  • If the OP is at fault, that would limit the claim.
The serious damage is the left rear quarter panel. The vehicle might be repairable.

Think this is totaled? Front left tire took impact and broke the control arm. Rear got hit and that wheel may be bent I can’t tell. Right side fender also has damage. Some damage to front bumper. PPF rider on the policy for $6000. I think every panel would need to be painted except for trunk and right side passenger doors / quarter panel. Another car struck the front wheel then spin and hit the left rear, then the car went up an embankment hitting two 4x4 posts. 7k miles
View attachment 997105View attachment 997106View attachment 997107View attachment 997108

They won’t know for sure till the dissect the car open and see if their is frame damage, air bags not going off is not an indicator for no loss. The main will be frame damage. Tesla aluminum cast frame is designed to take he beating /crumple upon impact while your able to walk out alive. It’s a long process from insurance, I don’t know my car was totaled till after 2 months.

Not sure.
  • The car is pretty beat up, but the air bags didn’t go off.
  • Doesn’t appear to be any battery damage.
  • Limited pictures, but I don’t see any wrinkles in the skin.
  • The entire front is replaceable parts, often used parts at that.
  • If the OP is at fault, that would limit the claim.
The serious damage is the left rear quarter panel. The vehicle might be repairable.
It was totaled