Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12v battery issue explanation, sort of...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on my 12v issue. It was not the battery. My car started Ok so I drove it to the Buena Park SC and uber home (no loaners avail). Most of you may be aware of the high voltage junction box (HVJB) underneath the right rear seat. Apparently that box has a small interlock switch that will open if the HVJB lid is removed, rendering the car unable to start. This switch in my box had higher-than-spec resistance. It wasn't open, and the box lid hadn't been disturbed, but the switch resistance was a few ohms too many when 200 mA was put through it. I was told if this happened while I was driving there would be no consequence, it only prevents a car that is parked from coming out of park. They replaced the whole box and all is well. Picked up the car this AM. They even offered to fix the curb rash on my rim for free (they normally get $125 for that)next time I come in. High voltage interlock switch. I never would have figured that one out...