Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surely with the near passing of 6 months or so, the community here deserves some sort of explanation about 057 Tech and what actually has occurred.
He sold the company in mid-2023, the new owner moved it to a different location, but apparently couldn't keep things going and shut it down. (It is interesting that the web site is still up.) Apparently, the sale contract included language that doesn't allow Jason to provide details. (Probably anti-disparagement language.)

At least that is what I think happened from everything we could find. (I am 99% certain that is what happened.)

He sold the company in mid-2023, the new owner moved it to a different location, but apparently couldn't keep things going and shut it down. (It is interesting that the web site is still up.) Apparently, the sale contract included language that doesn't allow Jason to provide details. (Probably anti-disparagement language.)

At least that is what I think happened from everything we could find. (I am 99% certain that is what happened.)
Thanks for the info. What's makes you think he sold his company?

Mike:
What's interesting here is that you would think if that occurred, Jason being as smart as he is wouldn't want to maintain an association between 057 Tech and his Twitter Link on the Website etc. That's where things get a little murky for mine.

Either the Original buyer wanted to give the impression that nothing had changed and Jason was still the figurehead etc... or Jason had some reason to maintain his connection etc?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Last I heard from Mr. Hughes is this comment he submitted 8 weeks ago to a discussion of the BMS_u029 alert reset device. Pic is from Facebook Group I administer.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 165041.png

Reactions: CHL and zoomer0056
What's makes you think he sold his company?
He told people that he did.

Jason being as smart as he is wouldn't want to maintain an association between 057 Tech and his Twitter Link on the Website etc. That's where things get a little murky for mine.

Either the Original buyer wanted to give the impression that nothing had changed and Jason was still the figurehead etc... or Jason had some reason to maintain his connection etc?
He was an employee for a while and likely doesn't have access to remove anything now. I think the problem was that he never had separate accounts, he used his personal accounts for the company. (Probably never considered selling it when he set things up.) As such the new owner likely required the ability to continue to use the established accounts.

If you sell a business that is essentially inextricably tied to you as an individual and agree to terms that forbid you from ever disclosing the terms of the transaction or indeed that there even WAS a transaction - while furthermore allowing said new owner to run and maintain a site that prominently associates you with the company personally - then you are at minimum the soft nougaty filling in the bullshit sandwich.

He's still actively using his WK057 Twitter Link, which then links to Youtube which states that he's the owner of 057 Technology (which well may need a change!!)

I would have thought he'd be inclined to clean this all up otherwise.
This whole situation is potentially damaging to what has been a very sterling reputation in the TMC for quite some time.
Jason's been actively dissuading people from getting repairs that he knew would definitely fail in 6-12 months etc..
(Such as Battery Pack Cell Level Repairs etc).
The whole situation just seems very unfortunate.
1704329909483.png

1704329949614.png

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston
---
Jason's been actively dissuading people from getting repairs that he knew would definitely fail in 6-12 months etc..
(Such as Battery Pack Cell Level Repairs etc).
---
few shops/ppl doing module swaps (which he was against too) with success (besides Grubber, that place has infinite wait list lol)
i saw at least one confirmation that module swap lasted over a year n still going (on fb 029 group)
same goes for u029 error reset device...

makes u wonder...

few shops/ppl doing module swaps (which he was against too) with success (besides Grubber, that place has infinite wait list lol)
i saw at least one confirmation that module swap lasted over a year n still going (on fb 029 group)
same goes for u029 error reset device...

makes u wonder...
if anyone goes to Grubbbbbbber, the #1 killer of Tesla roadsters, they need their head checked.

Two hellacious fires destroyed countless vehicles and last said publicly (by owners of vehicles that were lost).... NOT holding ENOUGH INSURANCE COVERAGE to make owners whole. Not to mention the swapping of good parts from customer roadsters and being caught doing it.

now..... / opinion(not fact...dont sue me mr stunna glasses) / from looking through threads where people started to figure this out is... maaayyyyybbeeee a Ponzi scheme involving roadster parts necessitated an //oooopsy//.

Reactions: zoomer0056