Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At what price would you sell your Sig

How much would it take to sell your SIG ?

• 100 - 125K USD

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • 126 - 150K

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • 151 - 175K

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • 176 - 200K

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • 200K+

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes I wish I'd kept my 400's P. if someone offered me a lot I'd sell the sig and just wait for the P. how much? Probably at least 40-50k over invoice. Not much to the sig other than the paint and getting it early. That money can buy a lot of paint and patience ;)

I met a dutch sig reservation holder this week in Bangkok and that guy had some money. He said he'd pay 20k extra for just getting the car earlier.

So I don't think it's: Would you sell? It's: When do you sell?

There will always be an "idiot" who has millions and just wants his Model S as early as possible.

How does spending extra money that is likely a drop in the bucket to someone as you just described make them an idiot?
That's why I placed it between " " ;)

I just meant that there will always be somebody who has the money and is willing to spent it, it wasn't my intention to say he (or she) would be a lunatic or idiot.

(This was just a language problem I guess! )

Wheres the option "It's not for sale" ?
Everything's for sale. It's just a question of price. I bet you'd sell yours if someone offered you a billion dollars for it. After that, the only question is how much is so ridiculously high that you'd sell? :)

There's a story about George Bernard Shaw. Maybe apocryphal, but a good story nonetheless:

He asked a very hoity-toity society lady if she'd sleep with him for a million pounds, (Probably a hundred million dollars in our money today) and she said yes. So he asked her if she'd sleep with him for five pounds, and she replied "What kind of a woman do you think I am?" He said, "We've already established what kind of a woman you are. All we're doing now is haggling over the price."

On the practical side, note that if you sell the car too soon after buying it (a year has been suggested as a time frame to avoid raising a red flag with the IRS) then neither of you gets the $7,500 tax credit, and state incentives might be voided as well. The actual law says that if the car is purchased for the purpose of re-sale, the credit is lost, and a used car does not quality. Since intention cannot be proved, they'll look at how soon you sold the car. And Tesla might not recognize the sale of a reservation spot. Your only options might be to buy the car yourself or give up your spot and take a refund of your reservation fee.

I'm not getting an S. But it would take an unreasonable amount of money to get me to part with my Roadster. (So much that the buyer could get one cheaper from someone else.) Let's say, I'd trade my Roadster for $300,000 plus an 85 kWh Model S.

That would be "no vote" …. but the poll is a more of a "what if" game … the odds of the rich person walking up to your car with his/her check book in hand is fairly remote.
Have some fun and pick the number that would make you think "maybe I should sell!"

Seems there were a few interested on the TM thread. (Maybe we need a second poll for that. ;) )