Page 552 of 552 FirstFirst ... 52452502542548549550551552
Results 5,511 to 5,519 of 5519

Thread: Tesla Supercharger network

Roadster#433, Model S#S37 Cottonwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pgiralt View Post
    Don't know if you know about this, but the marker flag location on the center screen is very accurate. If you just zoom all the way in and manually navigate to the flag, you will find the supercharger.
    It works even better if you put the screen in "Satellite" mode. Locations then become very obvious if you zoom way in.

I agree that they really need to put a station around Jacksonville to make the spacing a bit more even so you don't have to sit around so long at the Savannah airport (which doesn't have much to do - especially late at night) but this leg should be easily doable in an 85 under even the worst of conditions as long as you plan accordingly and charge enough. I'd still rather not have to charge beyond 175 at any supercharger just to make the charges faster.
    The taper can be a real drag. You use 175, I use 200, but anything past those numbers, the charging slows down to a painful rate. The number that I use is that Superchargers should not be more than 133 miles apart for fast charging, fast driving, and margin for weather. Savannah to St. Augustine at 170 is way beyond the 133 guideline... Brunswick, GA would be a nice spot in between.
    Gather those Joules* for your Jewel!
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    *One MegaJoule is approximately one rated mile of energy, a wonderfully obscure coincidence.

Model S Perf Sig 1232 Larry Chanin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
    The taper can be a real drag. You use 175, I use 200, but anything past those numbers, the charging slows down to a painful rate. The number that I use is that Superchargers should not be more than 133 miles apart for fast charging, fast driving, and margin for weather. Savannah to St. Augustine at 170 is way beyond the 133 guideline... Brunswick, GA would be a nice spot in between.
    Yes, the current distance between Supercharger Stations Savannah to St. Augustine is too far apart. The network must accommodate 60 kWh batteries as well and as you point out this forces them into the charging taper. I was rather disappointed when Tesla removed the dot at Jacksonville from the planning map.

Larry

I agree that they really need to put a station around Jacksonville to make the spacing a bit more even so you don't have to sit around so long at the Savannah airport (which doesn't have much to do - especially late at night) but this leg should be easily doable in an 85 under even the worst of conditions as long as you plan accordingly and charge enough. I'd still rather not have to charge beyond 175 at any supercharger just to make the charges faster.
    I also think there should be a SpC in the Jacksonville area, especially on the north or west sides. If you think the gap between Savannah and St. Augustine is bad for those going straight down I-95, it is even more horrendous for those who turn west at Jacksonville on to I-10 as the next charger is at Lake City, FL. That's at least 197 miles!
    P85, pearl, non-pano, spoiler, armor, tan, obeche gloss, sound, twin, tech, 19", parcel
    Ordered 5/20/13. Delivered 7/19/13. VIN 14xxx. "ZAPN ZIP"
    FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS

From a Florida perspective:

Either pack SCs together so S60s don't have to 'deal with the taper'

- OR -

Build an equal number of much needed SCs in northern NY so Canadians can escape to Florida this winter in their Teslas.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by wycolo View Post
    From a Florida perspective:

Either pack SCs together so S60s don't have to 'deal with the taper'

- OR -

Build an equal number of much needed SCs in northern NY so Canadians can escape to Florida this winter in their Teslas.
    --
    Why OR? Why not both?

I hear that Superchargers work just as well going north to escape the Florida summers.

Larry
    FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS (Founder & President)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Chanin View Post
    Why OR? Why not both?
    Ah, must be nice to work with unlimited resources! I'm sure that we'll get both, but I agree that the priority should be the places existing SuperChargers cannot reach, before the places where one has to wait at the SC because of taper. Albany is totally inadequate for covering all of New York, as I know from planning my upcoming trip to Ithaca. And while Auburn will be great, it leaves quite a bit of northern Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine as unreachable via SuperCharger, whether you wait for taper or not.

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Dave View Post
    Ah, must be nice to work with unlimited resources! I'm sure that we'll get both, but I agree that the priority should be the places existing SuperChargers cannot reach, before the places where one has to wait at the SC because of taper. Albany is totally inadequate for covering all of New York, as I know from planning my upcoming trip to Ithaca. And while Auburn will be great, it leaves quite a bit of northern Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine as unreachable via SuperCharger, whether you wait for taper or not.
    Totally this. I'm going up to Burlington, VT this weekend. Albany is exactly half way between. But once I get up to VT, I have to scrounge around for L2 chargers to make sure I have enough (+buffer) to get back to Albany. That's going to put a serious dent in the plans for Sunday. There's a chance I'll have L1 charging at my destination, but I don't think it's going to be enough.

Getting a SC at the intersection of 89 and 91 - Lebanon, NH would be nice -- once the West Hartford SC comes online. It's 150 miles between West Hartford and Lebanon. Easily made in an 85, I'm not sure about a 60. Looks like there's a 2014 red dot there... but any progress? Heck, I just noticed two SC 2014 red dots up near Burlington, VT. That would really be nice of they could be online by Sunday!!
    P85+ | Blue | Pano | 21" | Tech | Sound Studio | Black Perf Carbon Fiber | Flux Capacitor

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Dave View Post
    Sorry Dave & Hank,

I was responding to what I thought was a tongue-in-cheek remark with another tongue-in-cheek remark. Please note the smilely faces.

Larry
    FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS (Founder & President)

Seems we're in a bit of a drought for new NA openings...

Thread Information