Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A line from Chicago, Indianapolis, Kentucky, Georgia to Florida would make a good run as well. The announcement should be soon.

Not perfect, but I-75 would be ideal to take people to/from the northern Midwest (Michigan) to southwest Florida. I-95 is the right vertical line on the H. Then if you do the Penn Tpke to Chicago, you've got a large part of the eastern part of the US covered.

My guess is this is a Supercharger on the Laval exit on the 5

That would be so AWESOME for me. I know that stop well. Just passed through there twice this weekend on my family's frequent 340 mile each way road trip to visit our extended family. I suggested this exact location to Tesla quite a while ago.

Extra benefit of this location is it's south of the I5 / 99 merge, so it picks up not just the LA-SF route but also the LA-Sacramento/Yosemite/Central Valley traffic.

Curse you for the temptation of information! How about Spokane? Or Kennewick?

Kennewick might even better for me, since it would get me from Cheney to Poland with probably just one stop. Even better in terms of half-way point would be where I82 joins I84 (near Hermiston).

Sorry, I just noticed it says Poland. I assume you all know I meant Portland.

Last edited:
Pretty disappointing. I know they never set a date, but they did sort of make it seem like they were rolling out very soon. I guess it makes sense to focus on the launch though. All the more reason for those considering to get the biggest pack they can, NOW, since these chargers seem a ways off.

I was disappointed about the one-year timeframe. The question is, at what stage are they going to make announcements? I have to believe that there is a small team at Tesla that has already identified general targets (e.g. Ellensburg WA, mentioned above). The team then has to identify specific locations (prime and back-up), negotiate with the property owner and tenant, negotiate with the electric utility, pull permits, hire contractors, and install the supercharger.

And they have to do this at each of the ~50 SuperCharger sites.

So, at what stage of this fairly lengthy process do they go public? I was hoping we'd get the "big picture" announcement soon, with fuzzy dots that indicate approximate locations, as they did in the investor presentation with store locations. But if they're holding off announcements until they have specific sites, e.g. Harris Ranch in Coalinga CA), then a year's delay isn't bad -- once we have the announcement, it won't be long until we have a SuperCharger.

Elon said that we'd hear about the charging network in the July time frame.

I'm sure that they were talking about when the network would go online in this article and the reporter didn't realize that there are people out there that would dissct every word looking for hints. He just wrote this with a level of precision which isn't acceptable to us crazies. Relax.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

attachment.php?attachmentid=6648&d=1339220884&thumb=1.jpg

Match?
7430560124_016d8b038d_c.jpg

Finally put the pieces together on this.

The short box seen at the Laval exit here:
attachment.php?attachmentid=6648&d=1339220884&thumb=1.jpg

is the same as the box shown here next to Earl's HPC at Harris Ranch
userUpload.jpg

Since there have been reports of Model Ss charging at this one at Harris Ranch then we know of these two SCs.

As for the box here, it is temporary until the final Tesla design is completed.
7430560124_016d8b038d_c.jpg

Last edited: