Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ROI or ICE vs EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like this part:

My point is that our crazy upside-down economic system assigns no value or provides few if any incentives for helping the country reduce its oil imports, to say nothing of generating less pollution and fewer greenhouse gases.

People always ask me if the Model S will be cheaper then my current car and I say: No, but that's not the reason I'm buying it!

They never understand me...

People always ask me if the Model S will be cheaper then my current car and I say: No, but that's not the reason I'm buying it!

That's because people who have never owned a 21st century car believe that going to any one of them is a step down so that the only reason you could possibly be doing it is to save money. It doesn't help that there are many cars out there that proclaim to be 21st century but don't have the actual 21st century technology--only the badge.

Only time and their neighbours getting one fixes the problem.

$2,100 national security surcharge. like it

Add in:
Sound wall building and mainance charge.
Oil draining into the ocean penalty fee.
Building, traffic sign and wall soot cleanup tax
Children living near freeways lung clogging donation

I like this part:

I have the same problem. I always point out that a Nissan Versa would be cheaper than their car, but they don't drive one. I don't know many people driving cheapo base model econoboxes.