Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla Service Centers

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    I expect they just haven't announced the service locations yet. They are easier to find a suitable location for, and from what I have seen wouldn't take that long to set up, either. So it makes sense to focus on the stores first.
    You are no doubt correct about the rationale for stores coming first . . . sales will drive the need for service and a service center could be located quickly in many, relatively inexpensive, locations. Just hope that sevice doesn't become a non-priority.
    "If this is the future, I'm not that worried." Jay Leno (after driving a Tesla)
    Deposit: Oct '09. 2nd Model S: 85, Red, Tan Leather, Obeche Matte, Tech, Pano, Active Air, Armor, 19"

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempus View Post
    was in the DC store today, and while chatting with one of the Tesla employees there, I heard that they are going to have a service center (and possibly store as well, wasn't clear on this) in the Tyson's Corner, VA area, by the end of the year. For us northern virginia folks, this is great. I was not looking forward to having to go into DC for service. Tysons is MUCH more convenient.
    Yes, from my knowledge of the tech-company-rich (and probably soon to be Model S-infested) Reston/Herndon/Tyson's Corner area (worked with an acquired company's employees there for a while and almost choked to death on an Afghan kabob in one of the restaurants there ), that location would be perfect for a service center.
    Awaiting VIN P 65513 - P85D, Performance Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Black Alcantara Headliner, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA December 2014

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August 2014

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempus View Post
    was in the DC store today, and while chatting with one of the Tesla employees there, I heard that they are going to have a service center (and possibly store as well, wasn't clear on this) in the Tyson's Corner, VA area, by the end of the year. For us northern virginia folks, this is great. I was not looking forward to having to go into DC for service. Tysons is MUCH more convenient.

Tempus
    You guys in the NE are getting our FL Sales Manager who just got promoted to take that region. Will is a great asset, we'll miss him.

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    You guys in the NE are getting our FL Sales Manager who just got promoted to take that region. Will is a great asset, we'll miss him.
    Yea! We'll need a strong leader here--Northeast should be a super market for Tesla (high density, high income, short average drives), but it's going to take a strong advocate to achieve the level of sales that California is generating.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert.Boston View Post
    Yea! We'll need a strong leader here--Northeast should be a super market for Tesla (high density, high income, short average drives), but it's going to take a strong advocate to achieve the level of sales that California is generating.
    Well (density aside) I understand FL is second only to CA in reservations and that's with one store waaaay down the far end of the state. (We're looking forward to a store opening in Tampa which sounds increasingly likely...c'mon George, don't you have family here?! )

GB said the amount of service centers would double today's count by the end of the year and he excitedly said they have not even started.

He described four levels of service centers. The top version being bigger than any built now.

He also said he has the advantage of knowing where every single customer is. I guess Nissan had that same info with online Leaf orders too.

This is all guesswork on my part. Level one sounded small like a single car garage? Maybe a storage unit in a town that holds Tesla specialized tools and a selection of parts. Maybe it even stores the Ranger truck. Then when a Ranger flys out to this remote location. He opens the unit and goes to the owner's home or they meet at the site of at a partnership repair bay.

Maybe a single large service center in a major area would handle a lot of surrouding communities. In a major area like LA there will be a Auto mall consisting of 5 to 10 make dealerships every 20 to 40 miles. Tesla may opt for one giant facility in a place like LA to bring Teslas for service. Makes sense for a small maker to not spread thin too early.

Blog Entries
    I'd really like to see a service center within Roadster distance of me. In town would be best (Spokane is the biggest city within its own Roadster range radius). But I'd be willing to drive a couple of hundred miles if I had to, and stay overnight if they returned the car to me in the morning with a full charge for the return trip.

CDN P#40
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    You are no doubt correct about the rationale for stores coming first . . . sales will drive the need for service and a service center could be located quickly in many, relatively inexpensive, locations. Just hope that sevice doesn't become a non-priority.
    The strategy to go with the shopping center approach is good to build brand awareness, but not enough to convince me, if the answer to "Where do I get this thing fixed?" is "Just drive 100 miles to the closest service center ". In smaller markets, having a one door service center with the showroom, even if not fully staffed, i.e ranger flies-in, will help drive sales more than nice displays ...

Blog Entries
    If Toyota technicians are going to be trained on Tesla powertrains for the RAV4EV.......

Strategic service partnership?

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    If Toyota technicians are going to be trained on Tesla powertrains for the RAV4EV.......

Strategic service partnership?
    Yea, I've been beating that drum repeatedly, but given how few Rav4EVs are going to exist I'm not sure that's going to help in the near term.

Thread Information