Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Welcome to South Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20160111_173513~2 [555833].jpg

Personal Pic of the Year

This is my new bff that rear-ended me today. In fairness, neither of us could see any damage; but, I've been in similar situations before only to find damage later. So I called the FL Highway Patrol to document it.

So . . . while we're waiting around, he said, "I don't see any damage so my story is I didn't hit you. I'm out of here!" Thanks for the heads up, you idiot. If you're going to hit-and-run, just run! Don't announce it ahead of time.

I got this picture because he needed to send another text before he took off. I'm thinking a cross between Steven Tyler and Doc Brown. Great Scott!

Of course, I found a long crease in the bumper once I got home that I couldn't see on the side of the Interstate. Because it's a Tesla, I'm guessing $3000, at least. First-world problems :frown:

Thanks to the FL Highway Patrol and my cell phone for getting information I never would have gotten otherwise. Although, if I had known ahead of time his name was Escobar, I would have let him go. Whoops. The picture was almost worth it. Who wants my stuff?

Sometimes I consider moving away from SoFl just to change the typical features of the idiots. So sorry that happened. How did the highway patrol react to the hit and run?

Ugh, "lucky" you. :-( Sorry to hear it. I can commiserate slightly, as I was just recently hit while driving in South Florida. Not in or by a Tesla, but just around the corner from the Plantation supercharger on the outskirts of Broward Mall. I was driving my mother's car (old PT Cruiser) and an Audi Q7 made a right turn from the left lane -- right into us. My mom, wife, and kids were all in the car. Thankfully, no injuries.

The kicker for me was, while we were waiting for the police and discussing whether we'd need a tow, the other driver (who at least admitted fault and stayed on the scene) offered to give us a ride. Ummm, thanks but no thanks? (It took some willpower to not scream that I'd never in a million years accept a ride from someone who had just caused a crash.)

+1 to what jbcarioca said -- I do hope the police keep you posted on your "bff" and how they handle the hit & run charges.

All villains announce their plans ahead of time. It's basically science. . . .

Hmmm. I guess you're right. I thought that was only in James Bond movies with overly elaborate, time consuming ways to kill you. :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes I consider moving away from SoFl just to change the typical features of the idiots. So sorry that happened. How did the highway patrol react to the hit and run?

I'm sorry. I realize my OP forgot an important detail. After I took his picture (he was not pleased,) he stuck around. The Highway Patrol just helped with an information exchange only. That's how I know his last name.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably why it is a good reason to have a blackvue camera system installed too?

I thought about this and all those great Russian videos while I was waiting on the side of the Interstate.

- - - Updated - - -

Overall, it's just a long crease in the bumper--minor enough for me not to want to get rid of my car. It's just been so long since I've been in an accident. In the end he will dispute it, and I'm guessing my insurance company will end up paying for it. This has South Florida written all over it . . .

Oh, well. I've been with USAA for over 30 years without a single accident claim. They should be tripping over themselves to pay. We'll see . . .

I'm pretty proud of the composition and framing of the picture, though, considering the circumstances :tongue:

Last edited:
Personal Pic of the Year

Thanks to the FL Highway Patrol and my cell phone for getting information I never would have gotten otherwise. Although, if I had known ahead of time his name was Escobar, I would have let him go. Whoops. The picture was almost worth it. Who wants my stuff?
you should have taken a pic of his license plate as well

As a long time USAA member, although I do not have their car insurance, I have been pleased by the excellent customer service and superb exception processing. I do have substantial business with them and I Have been happy to pay the higher fees they charge and lower yields they give in order to have their service excellence. It seems this case should be likely to be resolved in your favor. Anyway you certainly seem to have the documentation.