Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Gen Roadster concept rendering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post at TMC, though I am a regular lurker here and a member on the Tesla forums and also a Tesla investor. Excited about ordering my first Tesla next spring! I was wondering if any of the Photoshop masters would put the new style Model X nose cone on this roadster concept. I think with the new nose cone this Next Gen Roadster design would be extremely slick. Anyone interested? I tried... and hilariously failed. Managing a network is my skill, not Photoshop lol.

Tesla-Model-R-Roadster-successor-740x425.jpg

- Justified

Interesting, I was going to correct you that Rimac used single speed gear reductions but just checked and see they now offer a two speed option.
Motors & Powertrain | Rimac Automobili

When developing the original roadster, Tesla was initially going to release it with a two speed transmission, but it kept failing. They ultimately decided to make things simple and go 1 speed. I think it was a wise choice.

It seemed to be the only choice at the time, but it does limit top speed. If Rimac came up with a 2 speed that can handle the torque that's even better. Of course when you're charging almost $1million for a car you can engineer things to a different level.