Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disable Valet mode or pop Frunk from remote

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ingineer

Electrical Engineer
Aug 8, 2012
I left the car for some service (non Tesla) in Valet mode and I need to give them access to the Frunk. There doesn't appear to be a way to do this remotely, even with VisibleTesla.

Anyone know of something I missed?

--- Update ---

Called Tesla, and not even they can do it unless they have physical access.

Yes, that's what I had to do. But then that defeats the point. I wanted to give them temporary frunk, but keep valet on, and keep the glovebox locked. It would also be useful if I forgot to enable valet to be able to enable it from the app.

I am a Tesla noob (expecting my 70 in late August) but I thought you could disable the valet mode from the mobile app. From the manual:

Tesla said it's in the v2.5 release of the iphone app. 4-5 months later, we're still waiting for that software update. :cursing:

Being a "tech" company (in Silicon Valley no less), they seem to be woefully inept on the software side.

Tesla said it's in the v2.5 release of the iphone app. 4-5 months later, we're still waiting for that software update. :cursing:

Being a "tech" company (in Silicon Valley no less), they seem to be woefully inept on the software side.

I think what happened, is Silicon Valley got used to coding fancy software, but once you have to pair that software with a machine, things are no longer just "software"... I think this is what Tesla has been learning with v7 for Model S and 2.5 for smartphones.

I think what happened, is Silicon Valley got used to coding fancy software, but once you have to pair that software with a machine, things are no longer just "software"... I think this is what Tesla has been learning with v7 for Model S and 2.5 for smartphones.
Definitely! One of my skillsets is embedded software development. People constantly get this part wrong all the time. (That's when they hire me! =)